PDA

View Full Version : Allergies!

Museling
04-09-2010, 02:56 PM
The right side of my face feels like it's going to pop. Hating Texas right now-Logan's slide is normally green but right now it's yellow with all the pollen it's so bad! I never had allergies until last year so why does this year decide to be the worst in a long time?!

Anybody know of any good remedies for dealing with this? Sudafed is making me loopy and if I take a benadryl I'll be out cold for the rest of the day.

going on ebay to find a bubble to live in!

hjdong
04-09-2010, 03:24 PM
There's a Tylenol that works well for me, not Severe Allergy (that puts me to sleep), I think it's called Severe Sinus (I'm out right now). I always buy both because I can never remember which is which. I have the Severe Allergy leftover right now, so I know that's the one that puts me to sleep, and the other is gone. The one that works well is a white pill that kind of tastes like mint. I don't know why (you're not supposed to let it dissolve or anything).

My husband gets a rx nasal spray.

ginnyjf
04-09-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm fortunate to not suffer from spring allergies, but my family doctor was running an hour late today because of all the emergency asthma attack patients in the office. There were three people getting breathing treatments while I was there. I don't know what works when you're out and about, but we use a heavy-duty HEPA air filter in our house because Zack and my husband suffer terribly this time of year. It seems to drastically cut down on their symptoms. Good luck! I know how miserable it is; I take my turn in the fall.

Museling
04-09-2010, 04:05 PM
I ended up stealing one of the kiddo's alaverts and it's working pretty good -the pain in the side of my face isn't as bad now. Ginny-I think I'm going to get one of those filters because this is insane! I get the micro air filters for the AC but I'm sure evertime havoc the dog comes in from outside he's carrying a ton of pollen on his fur.

Snoopy
04-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Dh has bad pollen allergies too and Zyrtec has worked pretty well for him. My car and driveway are covered in yellow pollen too from our oak trees, I just had the car washed 2 days ago, of course... Lol.

Museling
04-09-2010, 04:34 PM
LOL! Hate it when that happens. The hubs just got home with Logan and wanted to mow our lawn -that was a big N-O!

dbmamaz
04-09-2010, 04:47 PM
netti pot?

Museling
04-09-2010, 04:53 PM
dbmamaz: yes! it's just so bad it's not doing its usual bag o tricks on my nose but using it anyway.

Snoopy
04-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Well, well, well, look at what I just read here... http://m.yahoo.com/w/ynews/article/topstories/10?url=http%3A%2F%2Fxml.news.yahoo.com%2Fus%2Fnews %2Frss%2Frichstoryrss.html%3Fu%3D%2Fap%2F20100409% 2Fap_on_re_us%2Fus_plentiful_pollen&.ts=1270851662&.intl=US&.lang=en