PDA

View Full Version : Will Someone Come Make Dinner For Me?

Jessica
04-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm not opposed to begging and pleading! I've been cleaning off and on all day and making dinner just sounds.......ugh.

paojava
04-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Sure, come on over...I made cookies today too!

Shoe
04-08-2010, 06:14 PM
LOL. I feel the same way-I think it's take out food tonight. I don't feel like cooking, my wife isn't up to it, and I dread to think what would happen if we let the kids loose alone in the kitchen.

Museling
04-08-2010, 06:50 PM
This whole month has been a case of the don't want to's in the kitchen for us too! Maybe we should all pool together and hire a personal chef to fly around the world and cook for us! lol, wouldn't that be nice?

Jessica
04-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Sure, come on over...I made cookies today too!
Too late, I already made dinner. Bummer! Cookies sound positively delicious!

LOL. I feel the same way-I think it's take out food tonight. I don't feel like cooking, my wife isn't up to it, and I dread to think what would happen if we let the kids loose alone in the kitchen.
It would have been take-out for us if we weren't saving pennies for our vacation next month.

This whole month has been a case of the don't want to's in the kitchen for us too! Maybe we should all pool together and hire a personal chef to fly around the world and cook for us! lol, wouldn't that be nice?
That would be amazing! It's too bad it's just a dream.

I think this time of year is always hard. The weather isn't great because it's warm and sunny one day, making us excited and energetic, and the next it's 40 degrees and raining. (Guess what kind of weather we had today?!)

Dinner ended up being homemade chicken nuggets with homemade honey mustard, Pioneer Woman green beans, pineapple, and Kraft mac 'n cheese! lol Can you believe I ruined a homemade meal with Kraft? I couldn't, but the kids were really happy because we almost never eat that kind of stuff anymore. I'm just glad it's over.

camaro
04-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I feel your pain, Jessica. Often my wife is working the later shift so I am faced with making dinner while experiencing a distinct lack of enthusiasm for it. Sometimes I just drag out the peanut butter and jam and give the kids a choice of bread or toast. Thankfully they're usually happy enough with that. Usually I can do better than that, though. They love pancake nights. :)

ginnyjf
04-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Oh, pancake nights are the best! Plus, I love my crockpot. The only time my brain is firing on all cylinders is in the morning so if I have the foresight to throw something in after I wake up, then dinner is taken care of.

Snoopy
04-09-2010, 05:11 PM
I agree with Ginny, crockpot and pancakes make for the best dinners!! The problem is that Dh doesn't like breakfast for dinner and the kids groan when they see the crockpot. I can never please everyone... Unless I make pasta, which is why we have it pretty often!

hjdong
04-09-2010, 05:15 PM
I plan for a month in advance (although I rarely stick to it) and when James picks his meals it's ravioli, lasagna, tortellini, spaghetti . . . You get the idea. 10 days of pasta.

dbmamaz
04-09-2010, 05:55 PM
my hubby wont eat anything with gravy (which is almost everything in the crock pot) and the kids get upset if i serve breakfast for dinner and we have too many food allergies for take out. Luckily i usually like cooking, but some days . . . and when i'm not enthusiastic, i can only plan one meal at a time and have to go to the store daily lol