PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Illinois

Tedesca
03-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Hello everyone,

I have been reading on these boards for a long time but never introduced myself. We are atheist parents, my husband is originally from Denmark and I am German. We have three kids (6, 4 and 2 years old) and live close to Chicago. We very much enjoy raising our family here in the US and to us, one of the greatest things about this country is the freedom to teach our kids at home. Coming from Germany where home schooling is illegal, I don't ever take this right for granted.

Our oldest would be in first grade and I am using a mix of US and German resources and curriculums to teach him. He was a very early reader and anything language-related is his strong suit. My four-year old girl is a very eager learner and asks to do school as well. And our youngest is in charge of mischief around the house, like any two-year old.

I am looking forward to join the conversations in this forum and can say from "extensive lurking" that I really appreciate the friendly atmosphere here :).

Julia

Stella M
03-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi Julia!
Welcome...some of us might miss your intro in this section, but I know we all look forward to hearing from new people here.

kcanders
03-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Welcome Julia,
I am also in IL, grew up around Peoria and now live outside St. Louis. We get to Chicago sometimes. We will be there later this month for the Inhome Conference.

Welcome, we are glad to have you here!