PDA

View Full Version : Today is Freakin' Awesome!!

Topsy
04-06-2010, 09:38 AM
So it's going to be 80 degrees here today (in APRIL!!!), and it's "spring break", and the Topsies are going out to play. So please hold down the fort for me here at SHS until I return tomorrow, okay?? (That is, if I don't get lost in nirvana and forget to come back).

Apologies to newbies whose posts might not get moderated today...I swear to get to them later tonight!!

Have a lovely Tuesday, everyone :):D:)

Topsy

Snoopy
04-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Enjoy your day! What fun stuff are you doing?

It's going to be in the 80s here too and we are also on Spring Break. We're going to a playground with friends later on and then might venture to LEGO store for the free minibuild and dinner somewhere fun... and then Noah's hosting a sleepover with a friend and they're planning on watching the Star Wars movies.

My hubby will be in your neck of the woods with his daughters tomorrow, visiting the in-laws for a couple of days. I need to ask him to wave in your general direction when he gets off I-26, LOL.

dbmamaz
04-06-2010, 12:09 PM
its in the 90s here today :-O and my task is finding the bottom of my desk. 6 yo is having free computer game day, and older boy is at his aunt's seeing his bio-dad. I'm not a big fan of 90s.

Jessica
04-06-2010, 03:03 PM
We had 75-80 degree days last week. In NY! At the beginning of April! It was so wonderful. Unfortunately the weather is back down in the 50s this week and gloomy.

camaro
04-06-2010, 10:11 PM
When it hits 80 I think it's too hot! Around here we're getting into the 60s and it's actually been quite a beautiful March and April now. Anyway, this warm weather lately has let me get into the shop and do some fixing. I finally got a truck fixed today that's been giving me grief for months. I had the boys "helping" me a bit so had to have Michael go and find a wrench he had "borrowed".

Shoe
04-07-2010, 02:32 AM
Hope you had a great day Topsy. No break for us today...science tests for my son followed by a shift at the hospital for me. Oh well, I have a few days off coming up starting tomorrow.

reversemigration
04-07-2010, 02:56 PM
We've been spending break with my parents in upstate South Carolina, mostly knee deep in the creek or hiking through the woods; the rest of the time is spent eye deep in Spongebob - we don't have cable at home, so they zombify for a couple of hours to get their fix until next time. :) They've been begging me to go camping, so we're going to set up the tent up at the field and see if they'll all make it through the night. Would it be unfair to tell ghost stories before bedtime?

On the way back home through the mountains, I'm planning on stopping at one of the places where you purchase a bucket of dirt/rocks and pan through it, with the idle thought of connecting it a bit to eldest's school geology from this year. Plus, ooo, shiny rocks. Always a fun thing.

Snoopy
04-07-2010, 07:34 PM
We've been spending break with my parents in upstate South Carolina, mostly knee deep in the creek or hiking through the woods; the rest of the time is spent eye deep in Spongebob - we don't have cable at home, so they zombify for a couple of hours to get their fix until next time. :) They've been begging me to go camping, so we're going to set up the tent up at the field and see if they'll all make it through the night. Would it be unfair to tell ghost stories before bedtime?

On the way back home through the mountains, I'm planning on stopping at one of the places where you purchase a bucket of dirt/rocks and pan through it, with the idle thought of connecting it a bit to eldest's school geology from this year. Plus, ooo, shiny rocks. Always a fun thing.

Aaaaaah, all of this sounds like so much fun! We love camping and I can never find anyone to come camping with us. Are you guys doing the Great American Backyard Campout (http://online.nwf.org/site/PageNavigator/gabc_2010_home)on June 26? I always want to do it but it's usually too darn hot here in Florida at the end of June.

reversemigration
04-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Aaaaaah, all of this sounds like so much fun! We love camping and I can never find anyone to come camping with us. Are you guys doing the Great American Backyard Campout (http://online.nwf.org/site/PageNavigator/gabc_2010_home)on June 26? I always want to do it but it's usually too darn hot here in Florida at the end of June.

I hadn't even heard of it! Thanks for the link. We got a new tent for our campout (I think our last one was only big enough for me and my wife!) and I'm hoping to use it again this summer. And I feel your pain when it comes to being hot and humid; for a northern-ish city, Cincinnati can be unpleasant in the summer. I think we'll probably go a little further north, or down to the Smokies. I do remember camping with my wife at Ponce de Leon Springs state park in Florida, though, and having a lot of fun!

hjdong
04-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I just posted (probably in the wrong place, but oh well) about having James have friends over to campout last night. I was just planning ahead ;).