PDA

View Full Version : Why did she make me do that?

camaro
04-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Tomorrow is a family birthday party for my sister's two kids who both have birthdays this week. Tonight my wife texted me from work asking me to wrap their presents. Why did she do that? Wrapping gifts is not my specialty. In fact, if you want to see me do a job really half-assed, ask me to wrap something. I think this is one job men are just not cut out for. :)

Shoe
04-03-2010, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=camaro;918 Wrapping gifts is not my specialty. In fact, if you want to see me do a job really half-assed, ask me to wrap something. I think this is one job men are just not cut out for. :)[/QUOTE]I have to agree with you completely on this one. I always have my Christmas gifts "professionally" wrapped at the mall or by my on-line retailers. I hate wrapping gifts and am pretty much useless at it. Gift bags with tissue paper seem to work well. Why don't women understand our lack of ability on this one?

crstarlette
04-03-2010, 10:48 PM
My husband is better at wrapping gifts than I am, actually. He's less rule oriented, which given an easy to wrap square box doesn't matter, but if the gift is a weird shape he's more likely to come up with a creative way to wrap it.

Museling
04-03-2010, 11:02 PM
lol, Mike's packages always have a plush side, he uses way too much paper!

Snoopy
04-03-2010, 11:13 PM
I am a terrible wrapper too but since my husband won't wrap anything unless I threaten him, it's left up to me. I can't even seem to manage the gift bags with the tissue paper (does the tissue paper go first and then the present on top with the paper sticking out the side? Or do I just plop the paper on top of the present?). My gift bags always end up looking like I stuffed a reused roll of toilet paper in them. That's why I like cash and gift cards :) Christmas 2008, I spent 10 hours straight wrapping Xmas presents for our kids (I kinda went overboard a little, all the while staying within my $100 budget for each child!) and I swore I would never do that again. It helps that most of our kids are teens now so they all want money. Yay! Christmas 2009 was a breeze.

dbmamaz
04-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Ok, believe it or not, this was one of the ways my husband won me over. We met on line the first week of november, and had our first date 2 weeks later. Well, it moved pretty fast, and before you know it, I told him that if he behaved himself, maybe he could come over for xmas. Well, a day or 2 before xmas, i was exhausted and told him he really needed to leave, I had a stack of presents to wrap. He offerred to stay up late and help me wrap. I know it sounds silly, but it totally made me cry. As a single mom of 2, with a totally useless loser of an ex, having this man offer to lighten my load, esp in this one simple but concrete way, was just so touching. I felt less alone . . . like someone really wanted to help me carrying this heavy load.

So, the second week of january, I realized I was pregnant . .. . lol . .. (i was like clockwork so i knew when my period was 3 days late . . . so, it could have even been that night!)

Snoopy
04-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Sounds like he did a little bit of unwrapping too that night, Cara.. and left you a little present! ROFLMAO!

CroppinMom
04-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Sounds like he did a little bit of unwrapping too that night, Cara.. and left you a little present! ROFLMAO!

You crack me up Nathalie!!

Sounds like a great Christmas all around Cara!