PDA

View Full Version : OAMC (once a month cooking) link

brendag
02-03-2011, 08:22 PM
I did the once a month cooking, but it was more like cook enough for a couple of weeks because of the time I had to cook on that particular weekend. I must say that this has really helped out for those days when I was just plain too tired to cook. I'll be doing it more as we get into more regular homeschooling. I'm doing it again this weekend. Here is a website that I like, but there are many others. Under the cooking heading, click on "menus".

http://onceamonthmom.com/

The slow cooker oatmeal in January's menu is yummy!!

Kristina Breece
02-03-2011, 10:10 PM
I like this idea... I may have to try it out this month!

Sam
02-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks for this! I don't actually cook once a month, but it's more "freezer cooking" as I'll cook like 4 meals of a thing at once and freeze them. Or make 6 batches of muffins to freeze. And so on. I love getting more ideas!

Ana
02-16-2011, 02:03 AM
sometimes I do not cook it. I will chop up the meats and cook them and put in a freezer bag of shredded beef, chicken and pork. I will chop all my veggies and fruits I may use during the month. Then when I need some of the ingredients I will pull chopped veggies or meats out and throw them in the slow roaster or the crockpot. What ever is left gets canned and placed in the pantry for later use. I do cook full meals as well, ones that freeze real well, so I can just pull and use when needed.