PDA

View Full Version : Hi from PA

crazymama
04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I'm Sommer, agnostic at best, homeschooling mom to 4 kids who make me slightly crazy (funny I was normal before they came along :p). We use a mish-mosh of things for school. My oldest just returned to public school after 3 1/2 years at home.. he may come back home or he may not (depends on if I can manage to remain sane this summer or not with him around 24/7 again). My other kids are pretty young and are lightly schooled when they ask for it, but spend most of their time following their own interests.

Snoopy
04-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi Sommer, welcome! Is your oldest in middle school this year then? It's nice that your daughter and middle son are close in age because you're going to be able to have them do a lot of things together, I would think...

My kids are all home today because Spring Break starts today and they're already driving me bonkers. I'm used to having only Noah here in the mornings and doing school and whenever we take a day off because of the fact that we follow the p.s. schedule and the other kids are off, it throws me off my game. But I can't really make Noah study when everyone else is lounging around... summer is tough because of that too. This year my 3 oldest bio kids are going to be at their dad's for the whole month of July, which will allow me to push Noah into doing some math everyday a little more easily ;)

crazymama
04-01-2010, 12:14 PM
The oldest is in 5th grade. He goes to what they call an intermediate school. K,1st and 2nd is elementry in this district then 3rd, 4th and 5th are intermediate before they hit middleschool.

I love the the middle 2 are so close in age.. they are only a year and a day apart. I really dream of keeping them on the same level for school, but my 4yo is not so interested yet... so I will just have to let him tag along where he wants and be happy with that (oh and hope that I dont' have to repeat every little thing with him the following year..lol)

The littlest guy will be a year in May.. so I will eventually have to repeat everything anyway..lol.

Topsy
04-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks for taking the time to do an intro, Sommer! It's always nice to get to know a little bit more about each member. I'm in awe of anyone handling more than two children. I do believe I hit my official limit after that. ;) I like hearing about your relaxed approach to schooling. If I DID have a couple extra kids, I'm afraid I would schedule them within an inch of their life just to retain my sanity.

Topsy