PDA

View Full Version : Dinner 1/24

Busygoddess
01-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Anyone want to share tonight's dinner plans?

I'm not actually sure what we're having tonight. Last night was butternut squash risotto, b-b-q beef strips, scallops, broiled butternut squash, and green beans. Tomorrow I'm making chicken & dumplings. Tonight will be something with beef - probably pot roast.

Wilma
01-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Leftovers. We have no room in the fridge. I had room in the second fridge in the laundry room until I got my delivery from the produce co-op this week. And I really don't like to park leftovers there anyway because we forget about them.

So, remnants of chicken soup, fiesta chicken, tacos and ham casserole.

lynne
01-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Leftovers. It's just me and my 6 year old this week since my hubby took my older one skiing so I hope to not cook much this week:)

floridamom
01-24-2011, 01:21 PM
I know it isn't authentic shrimp creole, since it came out of an eighties Betty Crocker cookbook, but we like it. Probably a greens salad on the side.

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
01-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Beef stew (crock pot!) and biscuits.

Sam
01-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Hamburger Stew in the crockpot (exactly like beef stew except with hamburger, what can I say, I'm cheap). I'm stuck with Pillsbury crescent rolls cause I have no cheddar for my biscuits and it's too damn cold to go to the grocery store. I think DD and I are gonna make something for dessert too.

Laina
01-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Potato-leek soup, bread and green salad.

callie
01-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Hamburger Stew in the crockpot (exactly like beef stew except with hamburger, what can I say, I'm cheap). I'm stuck with Pillsbury crescent rolls cause I have no cheddar for my biscuits and it's too damn cold to go to the grocery store. I think DD and I are gonna make something for dessert too.

Recipe please. I love cheap and my husband loves beef stew so it sounds like a great match to me.

We are having BBQ country style ribs and something. I will figure out the something closer to dinner time. It will probably be green beans and mashed potatoes. Or maybe I will boil some potatoes. See why I have to wait, I can never make up my mind this far out from dinner.

wild_destiny
01-24-2011, 02:19 PM
It will be fried potatoes with turkey sausage, cause that won't go straight to your thighs! (I wish.)

dbmamaz
01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
I was supposed to have leftovers, but we keep eating up all the leftovers for lunch, i cant keep up!

We're having pork chops (on a grill pan), rice, spinach (wilted w garlic in a tiny bit of oil), and french onion soup which I started last night cuz its usually better the second day. I also plan to make my chocolate cinnamon bread again.

dont be jealous, tho; tomorrow's current plan is hot dogs w oven-baked home-made fries. or else dh's request for salmon potato pie. its about time for a roast chicken, too, i think.

alexdk
01-24-2011, 04:09 PM
I am making chicken fried rice. Super easy recipe, can't remember where I got it from, but it's one of those 1 pot deals that uses left over chicken and cooked rice. My family loves it!

Batgirl
01-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Egg Foo Yung. The kids will have that and raisin bran as they most likely won't touch it. Well, Batman won't. Robin will probably try it, at least.

floridamom
01-24-2011, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=dbmamaz;23663] spinach (wilted w garlic in a tiny bit of oil), /QUOTE]

Yum! That's one of my two favorite ways to have spinach. The other is spinach salad.

Sam
01-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Recipe please. I love cheap and my husband loves beef stew so it sounds like a great match to me.

We are having BBQ country style ribs and something. I will figure out the something closer to dinner time. It will probably be green beans and mashed potatoes. Or maybe I will boil some potatoes. See why I have to wait, I can never make up my mind this far out from dinner.

Sure!

1lb hamburger
1/2 package onion soup mix (optional)
(I typically add 1 cup textured vegetable protein and use only 1/2 lb hamburger)
1 can tomato soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, diced
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp celery seed or 2-3 stalks celery sliced
3 carrots, sliced
3 potatoes, cubed
1/2 cup water

Brown hamburger with onion soup mix, if using. Combine all ingredients and add to crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hrs.

Kristina Breece
01-24-2011, 09:37 PM
We had venison steaks, baked potatoes & broccoli. Well. They had venison steaks, potatoes, & broccoli. I stuck with the vegetarian option for this evening.

MrsLOLcat
01-24-2011, 10:10 PM
I grilled hot dogs (and toasted the buns) on the cast-iron double-sided griddle I got for Christmas. That thing is my new best friend. I also threw together some cole slaw and added chips to round out the meal.

missourimom
01-24-2011, 10:30 PM
We had taco salads with lots of veggies & the kids had 'taco dip' which they didn't realize included ground beef, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes *and* fat free refried beans.
My 3 y/o thinks beans and most vegetables are terrible (no, no orange carrots mom -- no, no green stuff for my place mom) yet he has been eating them for years in a variety of hidden ways. It is the only way to get that boy to eat healthy!