1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/4 butter
4 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 12oz. can evaporated milk
3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Snipped chives, optional

Combine first 9 ingredients in slow cooker. Cook 9 hours on low. Add milk 3o minutes before serving.

I sometimes make a double batch of the base (I have a large slow cooker) and freeze half. Then I just thaw, heat and add the milk before serving. This works well for lunches.

Great with added ham or sausage.

Sam
01-20-2011, 07:10 PM
is this one that works well with cheese? I'm looking for a good cheesy potato soup

Wilma
01-20-2011, 08:06 PM
I've put shredded cheese on the top, but it is not a very thick soup.

Sam
01-20-2011, 08:22 PM
*pout* I remember having this wonderful potato soup as a child and no matter what I can't find a recipe to duplicate it. But it was a thick "cream of" style soup with cheese. This one does look yum though and I did just buy potatoes......

Busygoddess
01-21-2011, 07:21 AM
My husband will love this. I'll have to try it on a night we have something else for Jay to eat (doesn't like potatoes). Have you tried it with steak added in?

Sam, you could probably thicken with some corn starch or flour. That might make it more the consistency you are looking for. Plus, adding in the cheese might help thicken a little as well, especially if you use a creamy cheese (like brie) as well as a cheese like cheddar.