PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern....anyone here apply as a homeschooler?

groovymom2000
06-13-2018, 07:12 AM
Any tips, advice? They are the only school so far that DS is applying to that wants anything other than standard transcript/ test scores. Iím probably making it much harder than it is though. We do not do our own transcript-itís done by our association, so itís very standard, but I *think* what they are asking for is justification of everything on there. 🤔
Which, as I mentioned another thread, I should have kept up with along the way, but I didnít, so...

inmom
06-13-2018, 09:17 AM
I can't give you any advice on Northeastern. However, if you're not already part of the group, you might want to join the yahoo group Homeschooling Toward College (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/hs2coll/info). Ask the question there. You will probably find more answers there.

Accidental Homeschooler
07-05-2018, 07:22 PM
My dd got into Northeastern as a homeschooled student. She ended up transferring after a year to a smaller school. But she got great financial aid from Northeastern plus a scholarship. I felt like test scores had a huge amount of weight for getting in if that helps. But hsing itself did not seem to be a barrier. I did our transcript but she also had college classes with good grades and had taken some classes at the ps, mostly science classes. I did the transcript for the stuff she did at home. What are they asking for in addition to transcript and test scores? I am sorry, there were so many that none stands our individually two years later.