PDA

View Full Version : Why is the forum software censoring the name of a curriculum?

farrarwilliams
07-23-2017, 10:10 PM
A C E L L U S is not allowed to be typed without being turned into asterisks? Why? Is that a dirty word? Proprietary issue? What the heck?

IEF
07-23-2017, 11:49 PM
In my experience, it's probably just a SHS issue.

:rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

I can live with that easier than some of the problems other forums are having these days though. Not sure how much you've been around lately, but we've got some new management here.

alexsmom
07-24-2017, 12:39 AM
Because the creepy company run by the lying head of a cult was consistently planting fake users as part of its social media campaign.
When research was revealed about how the so called "dr hydrogen" hadnt in fact gotten the degrees he had boasted of from byu, he threatened litigation.

And the thread got deleted. :)

Aandwsmom
07-24-2017, 01:22 AM
We have had issues with THAT company having lots of "helpers" join the forum with the intent to spam it with lots of posts.
It became such a problem, that we added the WORD to a security measure.
It has been an issue for several years at SHS. I think Topsy finally was fed up last Fall and did the security measure.

IEF
07-24-2017, 02:28 AM
Astroturfers are a serious problem here, Farrar. I'd offer to help out AandWsmom, but I've just got too sharp a tongue and too short a fuse to be trusted with mod powers right now. Forgiveness and compassion would be just fine, though, and maybe the occasional tactful suggestion and/or slap on the wrist might not be the worst idea either.

:lol: :banghead: :idontlikethiswalmart:

eta: I can't even use the likes, thanks, and hugs on my normal operating system! I'm just beta testing whateverthebleepitis you're supposed to call beta testing an alpha image borrowing a friend's right now.

Luv2HS
07-24-2017, 03:06 AM
Because the creepy company run by the lying head of a cult was consistently planting fake users as part of its social media campaign.
When research was revealed about how the so called "dr hydrogen" hadnt in fact gotten the degrees he had boasted of from byu, he threatened litigation.

And the thread got deleted. :)

AlexMom, please elaborate:). I am super curious. The creepy company--is that the "word" added to security? Who is the lying cult head? I don't know why, but, I've always been fascinated by cults...even as a kid: WHY would anyone believe ____? How did they get brainwashed? OMG--they believe what? The nosiness about cults has never waned. I just read "Under the Banner of Heaven" about Mormons. Last year was "Going Clear" about Scientology.

IEF
07-24-2017, 05:55 AM
Gimme a T! Gimme an R! Gimme an E! Gimme an A! Gimme an S! Gimme an O! Gimme an N! What does it spell?

Astroturfers trying to rip off homeschoolers!

AandWsmom, I'm a better anarchist than you I am a mod, but let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Not anything someone else could do better, because 'd probably suck at that so bad I'd get my fool self banned, but anything I can do.

farrarwilliams
07-24-2017, 09:43 AM
Oh!!! Now I remember that from ages ago. And I knew I didn't like them for some reason. That's funny... when I saw them come up, I was like, isn't that not secular? So I looked it up and was like, huh, seems to be secular... but then why does it leave a funny taste in my mouth? THAT's it.

alexsmom
07-24-2017, 10:06 AM
Yes.
Well this one split from his mormon upbringing, or as I remember, made a truer one with him as Profit. (pun intended.) Or something weird. If you google that person along with the words "leer jet" you may find an interesting article about him and the mythology he creates around himself. His doctorate, for example, he will admit is a title self given, and its in "research".
He also has a "college" which I think is part of his literally under the mountain compound.
If you look at him with a critical eye and a nose towards bull, his all promises shiny curriculum seems a bit creepier. For me, at least.

It was a great thread, one where CM was so kind to post links to articles, etc. Enough that his minions reporting to him on all things mentioning him got his ire up and he replied with threatened legal action and a misogynistic diatribe that was pretty astonishing.
So, his companys name is banned.

TFZ
07-24-2017, 11:01 AM
Profit/profit lmao. Solid burn, AM :explode:

IEF
07-24-2017, 11:51 AM
I'm still a better anarchist than you because I don't know what any of that stuff is, just that it's Walmart and I don't like it. :rofl: :lol:

I can't go back into the history of the site or the homeschooling movement product marketplace but but so far without turning into a sobbing puddle of incoherence, but just so you know, AandWsmom and Farrar, Topsy and I gave up ages ago. If I can't get on the site without using Tor then I use Tor, just as long as you understand I'm me and not a terra wrist who hates us for our free dumbs trying to recruit kids for Isis.

It is what it is. We've all got more important things to do with our time like trying to save the homeschooling movement from creeps like those self-appointed Profits and that MR person who Helen Hegener SAYS lost the most important things in the lawsuit. If this is winning, I'd hate to see what losing would look like. I'm still trapped behind these bars of rage and probably always will be, so I'm not much use to AandWsmom or to the busloads of refugees from WTF that may or may not be on their way any minute now.

I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be but I'm just so relieved to have this out in the open finally that I think our new admin is the bestest admin in the whole world right now so kum ba ya and all that other stuff I'm supposed to say. I'm so pissed off at those Profits that I want to...

....okay, my IEF-to-2017ese translator told me that what I want to say is "write a check". Too bad the darned thing would bounce all the way to kingdom come if I did absolutely everything I wanted to do without thinking through the consequences.