PDA

View Full Version : Pie! Yum!

RTB
07-14-2017, 07:40 PM
Once upon a time we had a pie thread. I can't seem to find it, so I'm starting another one. Post your favorite tried and true recipes.

I can't speak for the crust, because I am loyal to a different recipe, but the filling in this strawberry rhubarb pie (https://smittenkitchen.com/2010/06/strawberry-rhubarb-pie-improved/) is amazing. Perfect tart to sweet ratio! This was the first time I used quick cooking tapioca in a pie and it is my go to for thickening fruit pies now.

Mariam
07-15-2017, 12:37 PM
I don't have any pie recipes, but I can't wait to see what people post. :)

alexsmom
07-15-2017, 01:05 PM
I remember the pie thread too!
Here were my favorites that are in our dessert rotation, from 2016 pi day thread:

EJsMom's Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Pi:
http://www.secularhomeschool.com/cooking-and-recipes/17809-chocolate-bourbon-pecan-pie.html?highlight=chocolate+bourbon+pecan+pie

And then the one ML was making while her extended family was visiting:
Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Oreo Pie | Kevin & Amanda's Recipes | Food & Travel Blog (http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dessert/dark-chocolate-salted-caramel-oreo-pie.html)

Ive never made rhubarb pie before, this may be an excuse to try it!

RTB
07-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Who had the green tomato pie? I thought that sounded interesting. Was it IEF?

TFZ
07-15-2017, 06:17 PM
I haven't been on in one bajillion years, and the pie thread is the first one. Favorite group of all time. :_lol:

IEF
07-16-2017, 10:30 PM
Yea, I have green tomato pie, cranberry pie, and pumpkin mince to type back in.

YAY RTB!!!!!!

I also have difficulty with likes and hugs and thanks---sometimes I can and sometimes I can't but I'm a big girl so when I can't I just use my words. :)

inmom
07-17-2017, 09:59 AM
Just made this yesterday!!

Easy Blueberry Pie:

1 - 1.25 quart blueberries (fresh is best, but frozen is fine)
3/4 - 1 cup sugar
1/4 cup tapioca
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp butter or margarine

Mix all except the butter together. Let stand 15 minutes. Place into 9" pie crust, dot with butter. Cover with remaining pie crust. Bake 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes.

JosephCox
04-19-2018, 06:42 AM
I understand that it sounds weird, but I like to cook and therefore I want to share this recipe.
Ingredients
4 eggs
1 cup of sugar
1-1.5 cups of flour
soda hydrated
pinch of cinnamon
1 gr. vanillin
Beat eggs with sugar, add sifted flour, soda vinegar, cinnamon, vanillin. Beat, the dough should be like sour cream. Pour into a mold and bake at a temperature of 170-180 degrees for 40 minutes. If desired, you can put the apples cut into slices and pour out the dough on them. Cool the finished pie, sprinkle with powdered sugar.

bobbyyan
07-23-2018, 01:23 PM
@RTB

Ingredients :

1-1/2 cups sugar
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch salt
3 cups thinly sliced green tomatoes (4 to 5 medium)
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:

In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add tomatoes and vinegar; toss to coat.
Line a pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until tomatoes are tender. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator.

Nancy kuruvilla
07-31-2018, 07:17 AM
Who had the green tomato pie? I thought that sounded interesting. Was it IEF?

Ingredients
1-1/2 cups sugar
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch salt
3 cups thinly sliced green tomatoes (4 to 5 medium)
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
1 tablespoon butter

Directions
1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add tomatoes and vinegar; toss to coat.
2. Line a pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until tomatoes are tender. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator.