PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED]browser freezing and yet more javascript problems

IEF
01-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Hi,

Everything is still going smoothly on my lappy with Trisquel (Ubuntu fork) and Abrowser (firefox fork) 50.1.0 but recently I have been having problems accessing the site from Debian Jessie Firefox ESR 45.6.0.

I click on noscript and enable secularhomeschool.com to log in and ajax.googleapis.com to "like" posts.

On the Debian box, the browser freezes and goes blank. I mean all windows and tabs, not just the SHS tab. If I walk away from the computer and do something else for 5-10 minutes it eventually comes back on and I can lurk.

Any ideas?

Not a huge deal if you're busy; I don't have anything that important to say and even if I thought I did I could always boot up the lappy or enable backports or grab a live usb stick or something.

Topsy
01-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Whoa, IEF. Most of that sounded like not just Greek, but Greek spoken in Cantonese intonations. Let me run it by someone who speaks Greek-Cantonese more fluently, kay? :_lol:

IEF
01-29-2017, 01:02 PM
Okay, here's my short version in pidgin windows(tm)ese and many apologies if it comes off as condescending. ;)

Can you link me to the mobile site? I think it would work better for me and my devices don't automatically direct me there.

IEF
01-29-2017, 01:11 PM
Never mind; I just needed to install a user-agent-switcher plug-in on Firefox my imaginary iPhone 3. This is NICE and much more to my liking. :)

Well done, admin/tech support peeps, and many, many thanks.

Topsy
01-31-2017, 09:50 AM
Phew!! GREAT news, IEF!!