PDA

View Full Version : Gluten Free Low Glycemic Pancakes?

Deli76
10-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Does anyone have a recipe that is a gluten free and low glycemic pancake recipe? Food allergies and type 2 hereditary diabetes keep me from eating some foods. To keep it low glycemic the flour needs to be coconut flour. Ive seen some that have bananas and unfortunatley I am allergic to my beloved and missed bananas. I seriously miss my bananas!

groovymom2000
10-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Would almond and coconut flour work? I use a recipe for waffles that might work if you can do almond flour. I imagine it could be adapted for pancakes. Grain-Free Paleo Waffles - Fluffy and Crispy (http://www.ourpaleolife.com/recipe/paleo-waffles/)
I just looked at it though, and it has tapioca starch in it. :( Not sure how vital it would be for pancakes? Also not sure what your limits are. I am not diabetic, but it definitely runs in my family, so I try to keep most things as low on the index as I can, and we don't eat these very often. I have to eat gluten and dairy free though.

Deli76
10-17-2016, 02:19 PM
Almond, coconut, and tapioca are awesome! Tapiocas not on my list.
I clicked on the link and got a warning and my computer. But I will look it up.

Sarabey
12-17-2016, 10:47 AM
I usually prepare the pancake in a traditional way, it is not a gluten free. I will add almond next time, it is a good idea.