PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Roll Call, 9/15

Aandwsmom
09-15-2016, 10:18 AM
Good Morning!
I am here.
Wishing it was Friday.
Oh well.
Actually just hoping that TODAY, there are no potty issues. Yesterday was insane. I almost lost my mind and that was barely there to begin with.

Need to make those pies I keep promising DH and DS's. We will see if I get to it today.
At least DH went to work. 1 less person in my way.

And that is it here. Trying to get rid of headache.

Have a GREAT day!

alexsmom
09-15-2016, 10:58 AM
I hope your day goes well and poop-free!

I feel I have a lot to do today, but cant think of what any of it is. Hopefully the caffeine will kick in soon. DS10s school is easy today - enrichments at the school, finish physics project, and read.
Just had a valuable life skills lesson with him.
Me: You need to change into clean clothes.
DS: I just wore these yesterday.
Me: If you are going to see the same people two days in a row, you need to be wearing different clothes.

I guess some truths arent self-evident. Or maybe I should buy him more uncomfortable clothes.

Anyways, trash day was yesterday, so I can reload the bins with garage cleaning. :)
And DS4 has therapies (puppy comes with), and I need to pick up apples for dinner (puppy may not attend).
And laundry, and random cleaning, Im sure....

Added conversation:
Me: You've got to change your shorts, too.
DS: I dont have any clean ones.
Me: Get some out of the dirty hamper then.

(They look clean enough.)
Truth in advertising. Or not so much. Soon I may be teaching him how to "clean" by throwing everything into the bathtub and closing shower curtain. :p (Just kidding.)

mellifera
09-15-2016, 11:27 AM
We have lots of activities today: homeschool group not back to school park day, science class at the nature center, tae kwon do. I don't like being out of the house all day. Fortunately, I have a Starbucks gift card to take the edge off. :)

RelevantDad
09-15-2016, 11:52 AM
Good news over here.

I've been living in a hotel for the past month waiting for the house to close. We close tomorrow!! So it'll be the last night in the hotel :D

The bad news is that DW is in Texas for some military training, so I'll have to do the move myself (again lol)

Aandwsmom
09-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Yay on house and moving RelevantDad! Been there, done that on moving alone. Both military and non-military. You can do it!

Buwhahaha alexsmom! Sounds like our house. You need to put on REAL clothes today. Why? Because.
And we SO have done the toss things in tub and pull curtain to hide the mess quick clean. Who doesn''t!LOL

Already decided I am NOT dealing with it today. Daycare boy decides to pee his pants today, he goes in a pull-up. 4 loads of laundry yesterday was MORE than enough. SN daycare girl, she is wearing the bathing suit over clothes at nap to prevent playing in poop. Though, other daycare boy..... he came here for 18 months, then Dad stayed home for 8 months, now he is back.... I forgot how much SNOT he makes. Both he and his brother. So weird. Like sneeze and blech. Need to stock up on more kleenex and hand sanitizer.....

HSMOM16
09-15-2016, 01:45 PM
Hi Everyone....new here. I just started my first year of homeschooling with my 13 year old DS. We are from California. Looking forward to learning tips and ideas from you all!

Riceball_Mommy
09-15-2016, 02:33 PM
I'm still sick today. So much snot is coming out me right now it's gross and sad. I'd probably put that kid to shame. At least I'm sick to justify it though. I'm starting to feel better, moving around the house is less of a miserable experience. I am so behind in everything though, laundry is over flowing and I still have clothes to put away from the weekend. The plumber is coming tomorrow to fix the toilet. No more super loud after flush noise, hopefully. I got the full range of protection plans from the utility company, every single one has been worth it. Even with the deductible on electrical and plumbing so worth it. The only appliance yet to worked on is the fridge and really I should have them out just because it's loud sometimes. And the ice machine doesn't work. Could be it's not hooked up, could be just broken. It didn't feel like a big deal before but now suddenly we are using so much ice.

Aandwsmom
09-15-2016, 05:24 PM
This migraine can gladly go away.
It has made me sick to my tummy all day. BLECH
Excedrin has helped but not 100%.

aselvarial
09-15-2016, 06:06 PM
we have had a fun week. Found out the closing may be delayed a week due to the appraisal STILL not being done (we are supposed to close in 2 weeks and all paperwork is supposed to be in in 5 days....and appraisal still isn't even scheduled). And I, of course, am nearly totally packed up of everything that isn't absolutely required to live, with plans to be completely packed in a week....and now it may be 3 weeks instead of 2.

Boy kitty has been acting all lethargic, and his appetite left, and he was acting sick. Terrified it was "fading kitten syndrome" last night I looked it up, and saw some cats are allergic to fish...and have similar symptoms. And I had JUST introduced salmon into their diet. Switched him over to turkey and boom! Appetite is back and he's back to normal. So, baby boy kitty has a fish allergy (apparently not uncommon in cats). So now all the foods containing fish need to go back to the store and get swapped out for non-fish foods. Already had to switch them back to a shoebox lid as a litter box because even the shortest litter box was too big for him to bother trying to climb into so he'd just pee on the puppy pad the litter box sat on (ironically his much smaller sister climbs in and out of the litter box just fine). Kittens are weird.

Aandwsmom
09-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Interesting. Never heard of a fish allergy in cats! Learn something new every day!

Riceball_Mommy
09-15-2016, 06:55 PM
I was worried about feeding mine too much fish because I was reading that can cause UTI, so of course that's what my kittens just love. That's interesting about the fish allergy though. Sounds super scary when you don't know what's going on, poor kitty. At least it was an easy fix.

aselvarial
09-15-2016, 08:50 PM
We've had cats not like fish (including our current adult cat), but never had one allergic (that I know of). But apparently it occurs in 15% of cats. That seems pretty significant! Makes sense since the domestic cat is the descendant of a desert cat (not much fish in the desert). We've had pets with flea allergies, one dog has a rice allergy, we've had them with seasonal pollen allergies, but this is the first fish allergy. Live and learn huh? :-)