PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a robot

TFZ
09-13-2016, 09:50 PM
Recently when I post on the main forum I get a pop-up in between asking me to verify that I am not a robot. Indeed I am not.

However, after I click that it doesn't redirect back to the post. Just kind of sticks. I've lost a couple posts, and once the computer scolded me for trying to post twice in the same ten seconds.

Anyway, I keep seeing people say they lost a post or it disappeared. Thought maybe this could be it.

Or maybe you are all robots?

Windows 10, Chrome Browser
Haven't seen it on Safari for iPad

ejsmom
09-13-2016, 10:31 PM
Yes, me too. It's gotten to be such a pain. Why is this necessary? As members aren't we known to not be robots?

IEF
09-13-2016, 10:35 PM
I'm getting that too and it's just not worth trying to remember everything I typed if that's what happens to my screen time for the day. I'm not a robot, but I'm not that brilliant either.

Trisquel (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS scrubbed of everything non-free), Abrowser (firefox fork based on ESR 47.0) or Icecat (more privacy conscious firefox fork based on ESR 38.8)

muddylilly
09-13-2016, 10:38 PM
What's that TFZ? All I'm getting is "beep, beep, boop, beep."

;)

TFZ
09-13-2016, 10:51 PM
ML my daughter thinks your goat is an owl so now I just imagine you hooting all of your posts.

The dark nose spots are the eyes and the ears are the wings. Flying right at me ack!

crazyme
09-13-2016, 11:39 PM
I've had this same problem. I tried posting a new thread four times with no success, and I had to do the "I'm not a robot" all four times. Topsy was working with me on it, but then the issue I was posting about resolved itself and I was tired of writing out the same thing over and over, so I gave up.

Long story, short: you're not alone. :(

alexsmom
09-14-2016, 12:14 AM
I get the Not A Robot verification on my iPad safari browser, but havent lost any posts (yet).

muddylilly
09-14-2016, 01:20 AM
Hoot hoot! :)

She must be totally freaked out by AM's avatar!!

aselvarial
09-14-2016, 05:02 AM
I never get this here. Occasionally I want to answer "yes I AM a robot" when I see it elsewhere, but, that isn't ever actually an option. What happens when computers get sophisticated enough to beat the "robot check"?

TFZ
09-14-2016, 07:33 AM
Maybe I really AM a robot and this is all an elaborate scheme.

Both my kids like AM's pic. They think it's a green emoji sticker. For a while we were playing with the emojis on my ipad so ds could put some names to expressions. He loves them. It's hilarious.

alexsmom
09-14-2016, 07:57 AM
My avatar is friendly!
Heres the avatar I use on my games:

I used it briefly here, but the dont panic one was preferred.

One of my friends saw this n said she thought instantly of me:

See, once someone starts a theme, soon everyone associates them with it. If we were friends IRL who knows how many matching witch themed presents i would accrue.

Better to stick with sci-fi themes.

Topsy
09-14-2016, 08:12 AM
ARGH! This is an issue related to our security software and I thought we had it nixed. Aandwsmom and I have been dealing with it for ages and I've had tech support tweak the settings several times. Just as a curiosity. For those of you who are receiving the error, how many of you are in the U.S. and how many of you are outside the U.S? I ask because our latest tweak was location-based.

RTB
09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
In the US. It does not happen every time, maybe 30-40%. I've also lost posts.

inmom
09-14-2016, 09:42 AM
In the US here. Using Firefox and windows 10. However, it usually only shows up for me when I want to edit a post.

TFZ
09-14-2016, 09:44 AM
In the US.

crazyme
09-14-2016, 10:27 AM
US. Happens mostly with new threads; a couple times with replies.

Happydays525
09-15-2016, 09:55 AM
U.S. Here, for me it happens when I try to update my signature...every time I try it asks if I'm a robot and then I never can get to the editing portion to actually edit the signature.

HSMOM16
09-15-2016, 01:48 PM
Not a robot either. I just joined. Maybe it didn't believe me initially.:)

Topsy
09-16-2016, 07:38 AM
Not a robot either. I just joined. Maybe it didn't believe me initially.:)

Glad you're here whether you are automated or not, HSMOM16!! :)

fastweedpuller
09-16-2016, 09:57 AM
I am detecting some very anti-robot sentiments here.

TFZ
09-16-2016, 02:13 PM
^ Actually a robot.

alexsmom
09-16-2016, 03:38 PM
Im going to petition LGBTQIA to add R for robots.

Riceball_Mommy
09-16-2016, 03:43 PM
I just got the I'm not a robot page when trying to update my signature. It dumped me in a blank white page after.
Sent me to the robot page on the second attempt, but update this time.

TFZ
09-16-2016, 03:45 PM
Real life LOL, AM.

mellifera
09-16-2016, 08:53 PM
Each time this thread comes up in my new posts list I flash back to the sketch from the Ben Stiller show in which Bob Odenkirk, dressed like the leather guy from the village people, dramatically screams "I AM NOT A ROBOT."

Mariam
09-17-2016, 10:11 PM
I have had all kinds of weirdnesses, but I have never gotten the robot question.

Maybe I am a robot. A hahaha!

Topsy
09-18-2016, 03:36 PM
Tech support is definitely still working on this one, all. I did want to mention that I get the issue in Chrome more than in any other browser, for whatever reason.

aselvarial
09-19-2016, 12:32 AM

muddylilly
10-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Awww, Man! I'm not a robot!! :)

alexsmom
10-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Every time I send a PM, I get that page :(

And even if I am a robot, I dont see the difference it makes.

muddylilly
10-29-2016, 02:55 PM
Same here....it's on PM's. :(

Beep Beep Boop Beep! OOOH! I'd love to have a robot! Like Rosie, on the Jetsons!! She could take care of things, then I'd be a lady of leisure!! ;)

alexsmom
10-29-2016, 03:11 PM
oh yay, Rosie folding laundry. I bet she could even do the kon mari method.
(Which I was watching youtube videos of today, learning how to properly fold shorts and pants. So much better!!!!)

Aandwsmom
10-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Man, it is back again. UGH. OK. Will let Topsy know.
She is back tomorrow. Sorry, didn't see this until now. Been in crazy costume making mode for the boys.

Topsy
10-30-2016, 07:50 AM
Hi all. We've done almost everything we can do with the robot issue. It is tied to the security software that is keeping us from going down due to constant hacking attempts on the site. The "side effect" of the software is that it can be super sensitive to specific acts within the site. Just about the only permanent solution for it is for you to do the following:

Go to What Is My IP Address? IP Address Tools and More (http://whatismyipaddress.com/)
Copy the entire address that produces
Send it to me by email at: [email protected]
I share it with our tech support team who "whitelists" your IP

(note: this fix may not work if you have a "dynamic" IP address, meaning your internet server changes your IP frequently)

Sadly, this is about the only fix we have right now because of the hacking attempts. It's so frustrating to have to leave our security settings at such a high level, but It's all we've got right now. BIG APOLOGIES for the trouble.

Deli76
10-30-2016, 10:17 PM
I just had this same problem. I noticed that once I cleared all the extra exclamations marks and question marks it let me post with out asking me if I was a robot. I hope this helps.
I was pretty ticked off in my post. I wish I could have kept all the exclamation marks. Dam sewing machine!

MNDad
10-31-2016, 12:01 PM
Canada here. I rarely see the robot query, but I almost always lose posts. No idea what the timeout is, but I'm guessing it's under 10-15 minutes. If I take longer than 10-15 minutes to complete a reply, it's gone.

Safari 10.0/ macOS Sierra

TFZ
11-05-2016, 07:59 AM
I'm still getting this on Chrome when I try to edit my signature. It's the same computer that was supposed to have the no-robot-green-light.

Edit: Actually, maybe I should clarify - only when I try to preview the sig then it freezes up on a white screen. If I just save the sig it goes right through with no one challenging my humanity.

CrazyGooseLady
11-06-2016, 12:02 AM
I got it twice tonight. Lost the stuff that I wrote the first time after I had logged in. Second time I copied before I went to the robot page...but rather a pain. Are there that many issues? I had already posted once before I got the second one and made sure I was logged in.

Topsy
11-06-2016, 07:24 AM
I got it twice tonight. Lost the stuff that I wrote the first time after I had logged in. Second time I copied before I went to the robot page...but rather a pain. Are there that many issues? I had already posted once before I got the second one and made sure I was logged in.

CrazyGooseLady, if you have a static IP address, you can check it at What's My IP Address? - Obsolete Browser Page (http://www.whatsmyip.org/) and send it to me by email, and we can "whitelist" it so that you won't receive those warnings anymore. If your IP is dynamic, there's not as much we can do.

Topsy
01-31-2017, 07:46 PM
Kicking this thread off again because I'm once again having to prove my humanity tonight on site. If anyone else is getting the "I'm not a robot" screen before being allowed to post would you comment and let me know? TIA!

inmom
01-31-2017, 08:12 PM
I have also been getting the robot warnings as well. I thought maybe it was because I am out of country at the moment.

alexsmom
01-31-2017, 10:08 PM
I get the screen too, and am not out of the country or on a different device.

Topsy
02-01-2017, 08:28 AM
Thanks gals!

Riceball_Mommy
02-01-2017, 12:14 PM
I got that last week.

Topsy
02-01-2017, 02:23 PM
Definitely have tech support looking into it again. It's just helpful if we have any specific instances to refer to, so if you notice it, could you comment here, PM me, or use the Contact Us link to message me? Thanks!

Riceball_Mommy
02-02-2017, 11:54 AM
Just got it trying to start a roll call thread.

Riceball_Mommy
02-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Got it again when I came back. This time it didn't eat my post.

Topsy
02-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Got it again when I came back. This time it didn't eat my post.

R-M, clarifying that you got the robot warning yesterday (2/2)? I ask for sure because we actually turned off the whole security protocol for the site yesterday and that should have taken care of the robot issue. Please do let me know.

Riceball_Mommy
02-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Yep twice in a row too.

alexsmom
02-03-2017, 06:10 PM
For some reason, I keep reading the thread title as "I am not a rodent."
Hought Id share.

Topsy
02-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Yep twice in a row too. Well that IS a new mystery!! That's supposed to be completely related to our security software which isn't even enabled right at the moment. Bizarro. Thanks so much for getting back to me on that, though. Off to make another report!

Topsy
02-03-2017, 08:38 PM
For some reason, I keep reading the thread title as "I am not a rodent."
Hought Id share.

SO glad you did. If there's anything I need with this craziness it's a laugh to break up the sighs. :D

inmom
02-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Got it today while posting the new Roll Call for Wednesday.

Topsy
02-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Got it today while posting the new Roll Call for Wednesday.

UGH...thanks for letting me know, Carol. Off to report!

Topsy
02-09-2017, 09:32 AM
This SHOULD be fixed now, everyone. If any of you still receives the robot prompt please do follow up here. Thanks!

inmom
04-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Just got robot page while posting on a group forum!

inmom
04-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Just got another one when I tried to edit a group post. This one not only had me click on certain pics, but also cut and paste a code. The edit didn't take, after all, too.

Topsy
04-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Yeah, we had a hacking attack over the weekend and certain things are triggering the security software again. PM me your IP addy, Carol, and we'll get it whitelisted again.

Mariam
04-15-2017, 11:08 AM
I just got the robot question when I posted my D.C. question. This is the first time I have ever gotten this message.

Topsy
04-16-2017, 07:52 AM
I just got the robot question when I posted my D.C. question. This is the first time I have ever gotten this message.

Thanks for letting me know, Mariam!

RTB
04-17-2017, 07:32 PM
I have gotten the msg today and can't seem to edit my post.

Topsy
04-17-2017, 07:45 PM
I have gotten the msg today and can't seem to edit my post.

If you get the Robot prompt and it seems to "eat" your post, head back to the same thread and when you start to reply you'll see a small prompt on the left that says "Restore Auto Saved Content". That will bring back what you had been typing previously.

Just out of curiosity, RTB...were you trying to share a link in that post? I'm trying to find a commonality between the times the robot prompt is appearing for users.

RTB
04-17-2017, 08:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, RTB...were you trying to share a link in that post? I'm trying to find a commonality between the times the robot prompt is appearing for users.

In the post today yes, but it happened a few days prior, and if I recall correctly, I was not trying to share a link. I'll pay attention from now on and let your know if I notice it.

Topsy
04-18-2017, 08:15 AM
Thanks a ton!

alexsmom
04-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Im finding it teally hard to post.... I submit, then go to some browser checking page, then get a blank page of nothing, and the posts arent submitted.

Oh, also I cant upload pics. :( I go through selection and upload, then hey dont show up.

Topsy
04-20-2017, 08:30 PM
We were having some general site issues today, but if it persists tomorrow could you email me any screenshots of what you're seeing to kerry @ SecularHomeschool.com?

RTB
06-30-2017, 08:00 AM
I've been getting the I'm not a robot msg again when trying to edit posts.

Aandwsmom
07-01-2017, 01:44 AM
Great. Thanks for letting me know. I will pass this onto tech. Chances are, it won't be anything until Monday or maybe Wednesday depending on who is available.
Anyone else having issues??

inmom
07-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Oh heck, I've been getting the robot message on and off for at least a couple of weeks. Just thought it was a new special feature! lol

Aandwsmom
07-01-2017, 11:49 AM
I have gotten it personally too but my stupid internet provider constantly changes the IP which makes that wonky.

Usually 3rd try for something and it goes through, but still frustrating.

I will definitely let tech know then. THANKS

RTB
07-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Oh heck, I've been getting the robot message on and off for at least a couple of weeks. Just thought it was a new special feature! lol

Yep!

Mariam
07-04-2017, 10:14 AM
I am not a robot and my son is a real boy, not one of those wooden ones. ;)

I have gotten the robot a couple of times recently. I am surprised I am not getting it now because I am using VPN while traveling and I have not gotten it. (but Pinterest will not let me log in using VPN. How annoying.)

Aandwsmom
07-06-2017, 12:02 PM
OK! FIXED. AGAIN.
If anyone has ANY ISSUES with the ROBOT thing popping up, LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY!
Shoot me a PM, scream it on here, etc. so I can let tech know right away to nip it in the bud!! THANKS

inmom
07-10-2017, 06:48 AM
Got the robot warning just now (5:48 AM Central time) while posting a new Roll Call thread.

RTB
07-10-2017, 12:34 PM
I also got it today while trying to edit my Roll Call post at 10:32 mst.

BUT, it actually let me edit the post and did not take me to a blank screen (usual). So that is improvement!

Aandwsmom
07-11-2017, 12:52 AM
UGH! Thanks for letting me know. I will pass the info along.

IEF
07-22-2017, 12:46 AM
I'm not a robot (not that I've got anything against robots; some of my best friends are robots.) but I have been noticing some odd issues with my browser asking for security certificates today and wanted to give you a heads up.

It seems reasonable to me that if I have to open a tab on my browser to make sure I remember the URL and the security certificate isn't expired, and then I click on the link in my post to make sure I didn't make any mistakes and my browser tells me that the security certificate IS expired and when I add an exception it works and I didn't make any mistakes, but then when I open the exact same link on a different browser less than three minutes later and the security certificate is just fine...

Well, I think you get the point. I'm not randomly venting about admins who don't keep their security certificates up to date, just giving you a heads up that you might want to look into this, AandWsmom, but not if you've got more important things you need to do first.

Aandwsmom
07-23-2017, 12:47 PM
IEF, I will pass this along! Thanks for the heads up!! :heart:

TFZ
07-24-2017, 07:33 AM
Gah, I got it again when I tried to post a reply and it ATE my reply :Crying:

Aandwsmom
07-24-2017, 09:45 AM
TFZ, sorry. It has been reported to tech. Filled out the official form and submitted it last night, so they would have it front and center when they arrived in office this morning. Hopefully that means soon this issue will be fixed again.

TFZ
07-24-2017, 10:58 AM
TFZ, sorry. It has been reported to tech. Filled out the official form and submitted it last night, so they would have it front and center when they arrived in office this morning. Hopefully that means soon this issue will be fixed again.

It's kinda funny now. I'm starting to think I probably am a robot. I forgot that there's auto-save on the posts, so it was recovered! It's so strange though, I'm always on the same computer and browser. Maybe you guys just don't like my cookies. Haha. I am a terrible baker.

IEF
07-24-2017, 12:04 PM
I typed out a longer reply but apparently I was mistaken: I am a robot.

The mythopoetic sick joke I simply can't resist sharing is that what they wanted me to click on was pictures of bridges, not the water that flows under all those bridges we'll burn when we get to them.

Nothing I was originally going to say could possibly be more important to share with all y'all than that.

I may not be Prince Hamlet, but I'm still a better anarchist than you.

Aandwsmom
07-24-2017, 06:22 PM
So, check it out. Supposedly been fixed. Our tech guy saw a weird setting on something and changed it.
They think it has been fixed but let me know if you have any issues, you are called a robot, they ask you for a kidney, you see strange lights in the sky or you see a real live mermaid!

IEF
07-25-2017, 02:56 AM
Apparently I am not only a robot, I am not a homeschooler.

Language changes. My grandmother was a gay, happy little girl in the 1920s. She was a heterosexual woman married to a man in the 1990s. She was not gay any more.

My kid loves Hamlet. My kid does not have hippopotomonstrosesquipealiaphobia.

I signed a petition:

We Stand For Home Schooling

I follow laws. I do my job. I pay my bills.

I do not know which charter school is best.

I do not know which charter school pays the most funds.

I do not know if charter schools allow me to teach this poem.

I am not a "real" homeschooler any more.

Please delete this account.

Aandwsmom
08-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Good Morning!
Has anyone else had site issues lately with the I am not a robot screen??

Aandwsmom
08-14-2017, 01:31 AM
Anyone having issues with this I am not a robot screen???
I have been all day, no matter what I post or attempt to edit.