PDA

View Full Version : Can't post new thread

crazyme
09-02-2016, 11:37 PM
Oh, the irony, because if this goes through, then it means I can. Except that I can't.

I tried to post a new thread in the Middle/High School forum twice tonight, about four hours apart, two different computers, and it won't post. I'm not a new member, and I have been able to start new threads before. All I can think is that I linked two different websites in my post (I was asking about two different books and wanted feedback, so I linked them).

Aandwsmom
09-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Try logging out, clearing your cache/cookies and come back. See if it works then. That is usually what I have to do when the site is being wonky. It is usually my computer, not the site.

crazyme
09-05-2016, 10:07 PM
I just did that, and it still didn't work. Third thread about history...maybe it just doesn't like history! ;)

Topsy
09-06-2016, 07:33 AM
I just did that, and it still didn't work. Third thread about history...maybe it just doesn't like history! ;)

So, we know you can post new threads sometimes, for instance, this one. But we know you are having a difficult time posting a new thread to the Middle School forum. Wanna test something? How about trying to post your new thread in a totally different forum. It can be any forum section. If it goes through, let me know,. If you'll PM me, or email me ([email protected]) right after you create a successful thread, then i'll MOVE it to the correct forum. That will let us know that it's only the one forum that's giving you issues, or if you can't post in ANY other forum other than this one, that will tell us something else. Thanks!

Topsy
09-07-2016, 10:34 AM
I found a device emulator for Safari on Mac and put in the page and still it seems okay. Could you let me know:
Your OS
Your version of your browser
Your exact device

Once I have those, maybe I can find an exact emulator that will let me test things from your perspective.

crazyme
09-07-2016, 10:43 AM
So, I'm not that savvy...
Chrome, 10.0 (or the latest one, whatever they named it)
Coming from a Gateway desk top computer.

I did try again, after clearing out my cookies and rescanning my system (nothing found), and tried posting in the regular curriculum forum with no links included, and it still didn't work. At this point, the issue that I was posting about has been resolved (thank you library!), so I don't need to post a new thread right now, but I'm sure I can think of something if need be.

Topsy
09-08-2016, 08:12 AM
And feel free to do a test thread or post. We totally get it when those come through and they can always be deleted later. If you get time to create one of those, just PM me or email me after the fact. I'd like to see what's happening if possible. Thanks!