PDA

View Full Version : getting our groove on, only took a month!

Dutchbabiesx2
11-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Since I jumped into HS with both feet into the fire at once I was sort of trying to find our way as I was HSing.
I am happy where we are, just in time to take several days off for a holiday break!
We have
Science- Noeo- really like it!!! Biology
Math- Singapore
Foreign Language- Rosetta Stone (we are a bilingual family with Eng/Dutch, not too many Dutch options)
We go to the library for book to read and watch great TV shows about construction and history, ride bikes and play in the snow!

We have a computer set up in the school room/ play room/ therapy room . . . oh and I moved my sewing in there before HS! I bought these cool desks (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=13973067&RN=2033&)last night from BBB and they can sit on bean bags (and eventually balls) when they need to do desk type work.
the boys and I actually organized things, so we can have 'proof' of the work they do (I'm a little paranoid someone with an official title will ask), and they can look back too.
We have swings. rope ladders and trapeze bars in our classroom, a trampoline and blankets and pillows and a loving teacher, I think we will be fine.

what am I missing?
oh, and the rest of the house is a mess, but oh well!

Emerald
11-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Sounds wonderful! :)

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
11-24-2010, 03:09 PM
We're in our first year of the adventure, too (equipped with a trampoline, but no trapeze, alas!). I'm glad to hear good feedback about Noeo. It's on my list for next year's curriculum.

Topsy
11-24-2010, 04:19 PM
what am I missing?

PIX!!! We wanna see...we wanna see! Sounds like a wonderful area you have created. :)

Kylie
11-24-2010, 04:38 PM
I agree pictures are great!

I am so happy for you, homeschooling is great isn't it!

Dutchbabiesx2
11-24-2010, 06:20 PM
ok. I will do it when the sun comes up again (and I picked up a little . . but it stays rather clean).

I do love homeschooling, why the heck did it take me this long to figure it out . . . .I actually think a great suggestion for the education budget problems is to offer teachers employed by districts as consultants to help parents set up part time homeschooling and use the schools for extras, like extra help, special needs education and for parents who must work, but hey- maybe I'm too optimistic ;) But then again I don't want anyone dictating what I can and how teach my kids!

InstinctiveMom
11-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Wow - your 'classroom' sounds wonderful!
Those are great desk options, esp with the ball/beanbag chair in play.
I can;t wait to see pictures!
~h

dbmamaz
11-25-2010, 12:26 AM
also missing your kids ages in your signature, for those of us with absolutely no memory