PDA

View Full Version : Monday Roll Call, 7/18

Aandwsmom
07-18-2016, 10:10 AM
Good Morning!
Full house of kiddos this morning for daycare which in my world means 3. :D
But only 4 days of them and then I am OFF for 10 days. WAHOO
We are doing sensory week. Every day some different sensory play.

Teens are mowing yard and weeding garden for me. Got to earn their keep!LOL

I am working on a notebook for our educational day out next Monday. We are doing a cool Museum we have never been to, the Dam, the fish hatchery and stopping by the campground. 1st one created by Forest Service just for campers in whole US and it turns 100 yrs old this month. So, want to get a few things they need to learn about or find or ??

And I need to timeline our Friday beach trip. We want to do lunch at a certain place, visit some antique places that we all like, etc. so need to figure out time to leave, etc. so my slowpoke oldest DS knows when he has to get up because he needs PLENTY of warning.

Overcast today. Rain predicted for tonight. Maybe.
I am going to put stuff away today. Laundry away. Last of groceries away. Find a home for the daycare swimsuits. etc etc.

Hope everyone has a MARVELOUS Monday!

RTB
07-18-2016, 10:48 AM
Happy Monday!

Despite being 100+ everyday here, I caved and turned on the oven this morning to make baked oatmeal. Chocolate and coconut - it smells pretty amazing.

We are meeting a HS friend we have not seen in a few months because everyone has been so busy. The kids are super excited to see their friends and I'm needing to chat with another HS mom. We really need our HS mom friends, don't we?

Then this afternoon we'll sit down for some book work. Our summer school schedule has stayed pretty mellow so far, which is really nice. We entered into 'the flow' quickly this year. Hardly any complaining, no one seems to have forgotten anything. Compared to last year, in which I don't feel like I had a flow until November, maybe later, I'm pretty happy.

I also need to start looking at CEUs this week. I have to renew my nursing license in October. I get a little nostalgic for patient care every time I renew it. I'm not sure I'll ever use it again, at least not anytime soon, but I still like to keep it active.

Hope you all have a lovely week!

Aandwsmom
07-18-2016, 11:06 AM
Oh that sounds delicious! What time is breakfast! Jump on my broom and be there!

And we totally need our HS Mom friends. I have 2 close, 2 semi-close whose kids are good friends of my boys. And now that it is Summer, we are still trying to get together at least once a month....

Happy Monday!

Despite being 100+ everyday here, I caved and turned on the oven this morning to make baked oatmeal. Chocolate and coconut - it smells pretty amazing.

We are meeting a HS friend we have not seen in a few months because everyone has been so busy. The kids are super excited to see their friends and I'm needing to chat with another HS mom. We really need our HS mom friends, don't we?

cailet
07-18-2016, 11:58 AM
Yesterday was cooking day. Kids, hubby and I made homemade ravioli with fete, chedder and potatoe stuffing. Oh YUMMMMMMM. It turned out so good. Kiddos are working yard on getting their 4h stuff done before meeting tonight. And we sit and wait for school books to arrive. Oh the excitement. They are a few towns over at UPS going to be delivered today. not sure kids are as excited as I am though. And that's our day so far. Oh also made a thing for our boy goat. Something I saw online to prevent him from breeding female. I wasn't about to pay an arm and leg for it to be shipped and like I always do I go I can make that. Guess what it works!! he can mount but can't penetrate. yea... not the goats are happy again. lol

IEF
07-18-2016, 12:24 PM
Home day again and I forgot to run the motor in the car yesterday so it probably wouldn't start anyway.

ds has a bunch of new comics, so part of today's agenda is definitely making him whine, "I'm sooooooo boooooored!" and stomp off into his room to sulk and read. I also have to put up some zucchini, bake some bread, rescue Pahatu from the evil Skull Scorpions, play mancala, and vacuum ds24's room.

I'm done shopping for next year's curriculum and I like everything on the shelves, but I am starting to question whether ds might benefit from more than another month of old fashioned 1970s summer vacation and lazy Sunday mornings that last until bedtime.

The existing plans include a two week unit study on health and nutrition before we get started on the 3Rs, though, so that might be enough. This would be following a week or more of intensive canning. I might also consider rescheduling giftmas from December 25, 2016 to whenever Johnny comes marching home again hurrah, hurrah.

It's common knowledge now that over 500 troops are being sent to Iraq so I don't see anything wrong with mentioning that one of them is my kid's unit.

inmom
07-18-2016, 12:51 PM
...another month of old fashioned 1970s summer vacation and lazy Sunday mornings that last until bedtime.

Sounds absolutely divine, IEF. Go for it.

Not much here today. Took an early morning walk with hubby. Weeded some of the garden (of course).

Going for some more medical tests this afternoon. Hoping for good news but preparing for bad, just in case. The waiting is the worst.....

TFZ
07-18-2016, 01:25 PM
Sorry about your grown-up kid's unit, ief.

I'm over this week already, and it's hardly begun. I think I could benefit from a 1970s summer vacation at this point.

IEF
07-18-2016, 02:25 PM
It's good to finally be able to say it, though.

inmom
07-18-2016, 04:16 PM
Going for some more medical tests this afternoon. Hoping for good news but preparing for bad, just in case. The waiting is the worst.....

Sigh of relief. What they thought they saw wasn't what they saw. Anyway....all is good. :)

irishlasstn
07-18-2016, 08:01 PM
Good evening! I'm waiting for my sour cream enchiladas to come out of the oven so we can have dinner. It's positively boiling here today thanks to the humidity. It's been like walking through pea soup all day long.

H and I are going to sit down after DD goes to sleep to set up the game plan for her first week of 2nd grade. I took her "back-to-school" shopping, which in her world means lots of art supplies, notebooks to write in, and materials to make her history timeline with. She's really excited for her first full year of homeschool.

Riceball_Mommy
07-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Got released from retina doctor today. Finally no more going back for yearly eye poking. He said as long as the Vision Works doctor dilates my eyes and keeps an eye on the hole I should be good. So excited to not have to go back.
I'm going to mail in my application for a author and artists sale in December. And today I sent an email about possibly displaying some work next month. Both are opportunities I've been alerted to because I joined an artist association.
We turned in Teemie's one library summer reading today. She got a little drawstring bag, which was more than I expected by how they advertised.