PDA

View Full Version : log in time outs

artemis74
05-17-2016, 12:00 PM
Is there a way to increase the amount of time I get before the site logs me out? I find that I often reply to a post and then when I submit it tells me I am logged out even though I was logged in when I began. Half the time I then lose my post and have to start over which is so frustrating. What am I doing wrong????

alexsmom
05-17-2016, 01:53 PM
What device are you using to browse the site with?
I used to have the same problem with Dolphin browser.
I now use Safari for Ipad, and have it *remember me*, and havent had the problem.

Topsy
05-18-2016, 01:34 PM
artemis, the more info you can provide the better. It definitely sounds like a browser issue, so if you could let me know what device and what browser version you're using when you experience the issue? Thanks!

aselvarial
05-18-2016, 09:27 PM
I use Chrome and have the same problem periodically.

skrink
05-19-2016, 06:15 AM
This happens constantly for me, worse with Safari on the iPad, but still happens with Firefox. Every time, EVERY time, I post from my iPad, no matter how short the post, I have to copy, re-log in, then paste and post immediately. Sometimes that doesn't work and I give up.

alexsmom
05-19-2016, 07:59 AM
Try turning off private browsing to see if that fixes it.

Topsy
05-19-2016, 09:24 AM
That's frustrating to hear. I'm so sorry some of you are having trouble with staying logged in. I won't have access to our tech support contractor again until a little later in the year (he just finished up addressing some previous glitches) but in the meantime I'll be googling to see if there is any fix I can do on my end!

Topsy
05-19-2016, 09:43 AM
Oh, and I know this won't be the case for most of you, but always double-triple check that you are clicking the "remember me" box when logging in. I can't stay logged in myself when I forget that.