PDA

View Full Version : Help! Constant emails!!

LKnomad
04-09-2016, 02:05 PM
Suddenly I am getting tons of emails from former posts that I subscribed to. These are the, xxx has responded to a post that you subscribed to from the secular homeschool forum, type emails. They are coming one after another all morning!! They are from several weeks ago!

inmom
04-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Same here. I've not had any for about 2 weeks, and now they've all come today.

TFZ
04-09-2016, 06:58 PM
I got some, too - old private messages that I'd already picked up and responded to.

inmom
04-10-2016, 07:35 AM
Over 40 of them this morning!!

Topsy
04-11-2016, 07:49 AM
Oh no!! aandwsmom said the same thing. I'm thinking something got "rebooted" but I don't know what. I'm off to look into it!

Topsy
04-11-2016, 08:02 AM
Here's my best guess, looking at things from the backend. A little over a week ago I had sent an email out to all older members who hadn't visited the site in a while. Those are sent out in "batches" as to not overload the system. It looks like the last of those batches went out just after midnight last night. What I think may have happened is that those emails being in "queue" held up other notifications. So that when the last batch went through, all the notifications that had previously been held up, suddenly went through freely.

I've looked at those of you who mentioned you've had the issue, and all of your settings for notifications are still correct. Nothing has changed in your personal settings. So HOPEFULLY, this was a one time glitch...although if a lot of notifications had built up, you might continue to see these coming through for a bit. But if they DON'T start coming back in line with when you were supposed to receive them, please follow up, okay?

SO SORRY this was an issue, everyone!