PDA

View Full Version : publisher contests

Mariam
03-17-2016, 11:03 PM
Hi!

I brought this up on another thread, but I wanted to mention it here.

Have you ever thought about having contests from publishers of kids books? I am thinking publishers like Nomad Press or Chicago Review Press or other ones similar to that. They are not curriculum books, but awesome books that people use for education.

Topsy
03-18-2016, 08:58 AM
Mariam, when you say contests, do you mean for kids? In my experience, I've found homeschool contests where homeschoolers are required to submit something get dismally ignored. Or do you just mean giveaways where the prizes are books from smaller publishers?

Mariam
03-18-2016, 08:56 PM
Mariam, when you say contests, do you mean for kids? In my experience, I've found homeschool contests where homeschoolers are required to submit something get dismally ignored. Or do you just mean giveaways where the prizes are books from smaller publishers?

I mean giveaways where the prizes are books from small publishers. Kind of like what happens with the curriculums.

Topsy
03-18-2016, 09:33 PM
I mean giveaways where the prizes are books from small publishers. Kind of like what happens with the curriculums.

I can definitely look into it. I did a giveaway on Facebook the other day where the prize was a book from a small pub, and although we shared the heck out of it, it still only got 3 entries. :/ So, I'm not sure it would get a ton of interest, but we can test it out if I can find a small pub who's interested.

Riceball_Mommy
03-20-2016, 06:20 PM
I can definitely look into it. I did a giveaway on Facebook the other day where the prize was a book from a small pub, and although we shared the heck out of it, it still only got 3 entries. :/ So, I'm not sure it would get a ton of interest, but we can test it out if I can find a small pub who's interested.

I completely missed that I'm going to have to turn on notifications for the Facebook page