PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite New Breadmaker Recipe: German Rye Beer Bread

Topsy
01-03-2016, 10:10 AM
I have made six loaves of this over the holidays. SIX, I tell ya, and every single time it's been oohed an aahed over, so I'm passing it along in case you want something yummy and different in your breadmaker repertoire. :smile:

1 11 oz. bottle German lager at room temperature (I'm sure any ole beer will do, but I bought a pack of the lager just because I wanted it to be genuinely German) ;)
2 tbsp. molasses
1 tbsp. melted butter
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. caraway seed
2 1/2 c. bread flour
1/2 c. rye flour
1 1/2 tsp. quick rising yeast (breadmaker yeast)

You use your basic breadmaker settings, and I like the crust on this one either medium or dark. ENJOY!!!

Mariam
01-03-2016, 06:29 PM
That looks yummy! I want to starting making rise bread at home.

We have been having a debate at home over getting bread maker. Do you need to have significantly different recipes opposed to making it by hand?

Is the result about the same either way?

I would like to get a bread maker. I don't make my own bread, but I would like to move towards making more of our own food. I live where I can get locally sourced wheat. Shoot sometimes our weeds are wheat from the wind blowing around seeds.

Topsy
01-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Is the result about the same either way?

The result is that you will make WAY too much bread!! LOL Once the labor-intense part of bread-making was taken out of the equation, bread became a true staple in our house. I seem to have a hundred different bread recipes that I'm waiting to try, and believe me I've already tried double that. It's just so much fun!! :D

aselvarial
01-07-2016, 06:00 AM
I went bread crazy when I first got mine! I LOVED it. Sadly, most of my bread went to my parents so I just gave the breadmaker to them. I'll have to pass this recipe along to my mother!