PDA

View Full Version : New Year Resolution Posts

TFZ
12-31-2015, 07:55 AM

My own has always been to resolve to not make resolutions. However, this year the stars have aligned and my organizing and planning energy has lined up perfectly with the new year.

I have some run-of-the-mill personal goals, but I also resolve to: make a new address book so I can get Christmas cards out next year, catch up on my photo books for 2014 and 2015, and not watch tv that I really just don't like. Have you ever found yourself watching something that you just hate? Top Chef Masters, I'm looking at you. Not regular Top Chef!

Excited to hear what you're up to.

fastweedpuller
12-31-2015, 08:35 AM
Girlfriend! Go back into that poll and change 2015 to 2016!! I do NOT wanna repeat 2015!

I am a no-resolution maker, except when I am :)

TFZ
12-31-2015, 08:40 AM
But a year seems like so long ago! My goal last year was to have a baby. Nailed it.

muddylilly
12-31-2015, 11:33 AM
Yes, yes! Can you edit the year? Good riddance 2015.....you have not been stellar.

Looking forward to 2016. My only resolution is to hope that everyone in my family stays healthy.....no broken legs, no cancer, please :)

Granted.....seeing as how I am a "glass half full" kinda gal.....2015 has been good, in that 2015 is the year that we were challenged by that crap.... and came through it, mostly intact!

ejsmom
12-31-2015, 11:40 AM
2015 was really good. I feel like each year brings a chance to sit back and reassess the little daily habits and routines that end up making whatever results you end up with at the end of the year, so I at least set a few small attainable action goals for each day that move me toward a "resolution" I'd like to achieve. So I skip "resolutions" like "Lose 20 lbs" or "Be more organized". Those are results, not goals.

inmom
12-31-2015, 11:53 AM
I usually don't do resolutions. However, I just may make an exception this year. I'm stealing this idea from somewhere, but I hope to keep a "gratitude jar" this year--at the end of every day, I write down one thing I'm thankful for or happy about that particular day.

I know 2016 is going to be a year of HUGE changes around here. Youngest child will be in college (along with his sister), I'll no longer be homeschooling, we're thinking of buying a fixer-upper (LOTS of fixing-upping!!) to rent out, MIL seems to be getting more and more forgetful everyday, and I may be re-entering the workforce. I get all caught up in the frustrating minutiae of the day to day, worry about the little things, and miss out or gloss over the positives. Maybe I can use to lift my spirits when I'm down....

Mariam
12-31-2015, 12:54 PM
I don't really do resolutions. I set goals 3 times a year for the next few months. Set goals in January, May, and August. My schedule changes at those points in time, so I evaluate and change as necessary.

January aways starts with a new calendar system, though I have not bought my calendar yet. So I may be starting late on that one.

I have staring getting DS out exercising more, no matter what the weather. I want to start doing yoga in the mornings too with DS.

Besides that my goal is to be a little more organized with my time. I have been evaluating my time and how I organize what I do. I am making changes both at work and home to hopefully be able for me to be more present at home.

The other is to read more. I am not setting a goal, just that I am reading a physical book more often that is not related to work or homeschooling.

And I want to have more variety for DS with lessons. I am trying some new things and we will see if they work.

aselvarial
12-31-2015, 08:15 PM
I'm not a resolution setter usually. However our resolution is to actually find and close on a house in our target area. Before summer.

Deli76
01-01-2016, 01:21 AM
I have recently decided that New Years Resolutions are meant to be broken. So I have made the resolutions to eat everything i see, sit on my butt as much as possible, work as liittle as possible, and just be an all around scrooge!!!!

IEF
01-01-2016, 03:49 PM
I already blew mine--something about living in the moment, appreciating the joys of an ordinary life, avoiding controversial topics on the internet, and housecleaning or something.

In light of recent current event under rug swept, they just seemed kind of stupid after all.

Want some bean dip?

Avalon
01-01-2016, 06:02 PM
I don't make resolutions. I prefer to set goals, but that doesn't necessarily happen in January. My current goal is to find some kind of full-time employment related to training or teaching.

firefly77
01-01-2016, 09:36 PM
I'm not much of a resolution maker, but 2015 was hard (and also beautiful) and I'm ready for new stuff this year. I'm not going to make any crazy resolutions about quitting coffee and wine, but I do resolve to make more time for things I love: reading, hiking, learning new things: canning, and taking some time to heal my body after having three kids in four years. I'm impressed by the amazing feats my body has accomplished (this is more forced positive thinking than being big-headed), and now it's time to give it a little care and consideration - viewing it as an accomplice and partner rather than an adversary. We'll see how it goes!

2015 was a bugger of a year, but I think sometimes the tough times lead to clarity and focus and gratitude, too.

Riceball_Mommy
01-02-2016, 11:08 AM
I didn't set any resolutions but I did create a to-do list on October 31. I did take the time to reflect on where I'm at with that list for the new year though. I'm feeling really good about where I'm at with my art.

TFZ
01-02-2016, 11:33 AM
This has got to be the realist place on social media. I love it.