View Full Version : Homeschooler in UK want informations.

11-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Hello ! A homeschooler in UK and US has to take an exam to get into a college. Could you please give me some information about examinations, accreditation and college for a homeschooler?

Thank you !

11-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure we have many here from the UK. Most of us are in the US and Canada, though we do have a few scattered around the globe. This is the US Thanksgiving holiday weekend, so it might be a little slower than usual this weekend :)

11-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Are you asking about the UK or the US?

11-26-2015, 06:39 AM
Are you asking about the UK or the US?

I am looking for both, UK and US.

11-26-2015, 10:29 AM
Well, in the UK you normally need A levels to get into University. There might be alternatives for non-traditionally schooled students. You might be better off trying to find a UK specific group to ask that. Students there also take GCSEs at about 16. I believe you can take both as independent students. If you get a GCSE or an A level it's awarded by an exam board so is independent of any schools or teaching route to get there.


11-28-2015, 08:57 AM
In the US, it really depends on the college/university. Each one is different. And there are even different guidelines for international students. You need to look at the website for the colleges you would be interested in applying to and see what their requirements are for admission.