PDA

View Full Version : bragging rights?

Dutchbabiesx2
10-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Ok, so we are new to homeschooling x 4 weeks now. I had no ideas of the great benefits, I had always been dwelling on what the challenges would be.
I discovered that my 6 year old (ex-1st grader) is a total math wizz, and now I know he would be have been bored with math for years, if not forever in the public school setting!! wholly crepes batman. the kid just mastered binary counting in 10 minutes ('cauz daddy is a computer nerd) . . . then the reluctant 8 year old did too . . on a Saturday night, night before Halloween we start math lessons and they loved it!!!!!!
um these things just help remind me we made the right choice. I LOVE HOMESCHOOLING!
I love knowing what they did alllllllllllll day, and since homeschooling, I like my kids better than when I had time to have coffee with friends, and I realized how much I was trying to 'keep up' with the other moms at drop off and pick up . . . I dress for comfort and my own style.
I want to send you all a hug and so happy to have all the resources I get, and get my kids excited about things like clouds and baking soda crystals.
ok, I'm done now.

Shoe
10-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Cool!

I've found my relationship with my kids and the time I can spend with them has been greatly improved and increased since I started homeschooling too.

Stella M
10-30-2010, 11:21 PM
That is a lovely thing to read :) Feel free to 'brag' like that any time - it makes me feel all happy and teary when people talk about how they actually like spending time with their kids!!!

hockeymom
10-31-2010, 07:31 AM
That's wonderful! :) I agree that we don't get to hear enough about parents enjoying their children. Society seems to want us to say otherwise, which is just so sad. I'm so glad you've had such a positive start to your new adventure! :)

shanajo
10-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Awesome post! I feel the same away about enjoying my kids more now that we are homeschooling. It's so much fun!