PDA

View Full Version : Anybody willing to lead a discussion on homeschooling "in flux"?

Topsy
11-09-2015, 01:51 PM
I'm looking for someone with some recent expertise in homeschooling during a major life change - - new baby in the house, a move, a separation or divorce, etc etc.

If this applies to you and you think you have some hard-earned wisdom to share with the rest of us, would you comment here or follow up by PM? I'd love to get you scheduled to lead a discussion on in-flux homeschooling on the From Soup to Nuts forum one week in December.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Riceball_Mommy
11-09-2015, 09:58 PM
I wish I had some advice. I just moved into a new house over the summer and my school is still in flux because of it.

atomicgirl
11-09-2015, 10:27 PM
I just spent 6 weeks trying to home school a thousand miles from home while nursing my dad through his final days of life. I can't really help though, because most of what I remember is saying things like "For the love of all that is good in the world read *something* while I fight with this medicare person (doctor, nurse, pharmacist, durable medical goods supplier...) on the phone". I think all too often home schooling through a major life transition is a lot of benign neglect combined with the sincere hope that the life lessons will make up for the fragmented academics.

alexsmom
11-10-2015, 12:07 AM
Maybe a group STN discussion? As CrazyMom has pointed out, everyones situation is different, but knowing theres others out there, and hearing their strategies as our peers is helpful.

Topsy
11-12-2015, 08:41 AM
BIG thanks to Avalon for pitching in on this one. Just WAIT till she shares the story of what she's been through. It's going to move you and hopefully encourage you forward. Be watching for that one in December!!

Diggerbee
11-12-2015, 02:20 PM
I just dealt with illness and multiple surgeries and then travel. Attempted to stay organized during this time, but failed miserably. Also one of the kids broke a leg too, last season, we just finished physical therapy and two surgeries as well with her.

All of this with really no support system. I feel for anyone trying to homeschool through crazy times like that. It's doable though.

LamontMcConnell
03-21-2016, 02:52 AM
Need some advice regarding divorce.

Mariam
03-21-2016, 04:01 PM
This probably is not the best place for advice on divorce. You should contact a lawyer who specializes in family law for help.

B&Z Mama
03-21-2016, 09:34 PM
We have a move coming up, so I will look forward to this topic.

TFZ
03-21-2016, 10:02 PM
B&Z, Avalon lead this soup discussion in Dec: http://www.secularhomeschool.com/from-soup-to-nuts-featured-weekly-discussions/17704-managing-homeschooling-through-periods-upheaval.html

Deli76
03-21-2016, 11:15 PM
Trying to manage multiple health problems and arguing with docs....ugh...i dont know id be much help...been a pretty negative experience so far. After all. te fbi has my heart sonogram results....of all things.