PDA

View Full Version : Website for college options for kids with learning differences, ASDs ADHD, LDs

LKnomad
10-22-2015, 01:11 AM
I didn't know where to post this - on the high school/college bound, or here on the learning difficulties so I choose here. (Which I could cross post.) Many of you may not know that I am an educational researcher by trade. I worked in higher ed for several years and I am now at home with my 8th grader. I have a son with an ASD and one with ADHD and LDs and I noticed in my searching that there was little information online for students with learning differences and college programs. So I decided to change this.

I have just launched a website for college options for students with learning differences and I thought I would link to it here for any parents heading down that road. The website is not yet finished, I have a lot of information I still want to put up but it is getting there. I personally have been concerned about what will happen after years of homeschooling my ADHD/LD child when he heads to college so I started looking for myself and thought I would just put it up for everyone.

I am also working with the locals so there may be extra CA stuff at the site.

If you have a kid with a learning difference, (and even if you don't) take a look and tell me what you think.

LD College Options - College options for students with learning differences or disabilities, autism, ADHD, dyslexia, dysgraphia, aspergers, ASD. (http://www.ldcollegeoptions.com/)

Thanks!