PDA

View Full Version : What TV family is your family most like? Which character are you?

CrazyMom
09-09-2015, 11:33 PM
This is just a game that I thought might be entertaining and help folks to get to know each other.

Which TV family is your family most like? Which TV Mom/Dad are you most like? All TV decades welcome:)

Are you and your hubby Roseanne and Dan from Roseanne?

Are you Lois and Hal from Malcolm in the Middle?

Are you a bubbly optimistic Brady Bunch mom?

Are you the physical embodiment of Marge Simpson?

Is your family The Huxtables?

Is your son Alex P. Keaton on Family Ties?

Are you groovy enough to be The Partridge Family? (do you even know what the hell that is? LOL)

Are YOU a Desperate Housewife? Which one?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

CrazyMom
09-10-2015, 12:38 AM
Ah crap....and the dads, too! Sorry guys, didn't mean to make this gender-centric.

Mariam
09-10-2015, 12:46 AM
We are none of those.

I think we are Claire and Jamie from Outlander, but I am sure people see us as Herman and Lily from the Munsters.

Oksana
09-10-2015, 12:49 AM
Is there a TV family that does not watch TV at all and is totally oblivious to the popular culture? That's us.

CrazyMom
09-10-2015, 12:50 AM
I'll go first (and maybe last if everyone thinks this is stupid and doesn't wanna play...LOL)

This is Elle's perception of which TV family we are. (and I have to admit, she makes solid arguments)

Elle says that I am Lynn from Bob's Burgers. Because I'm loud and sort of annoying and nutty and creative...and like to celebrate everything and smother-mother everyone. LOL.

She says my hubby is definately Bob. Because he "does a really boring job, but seems to really like it and take pride in it", "because he's going bald", and "because he finds Lynn's constant need for weirdness exasperating, but is crazy about her, and would be lost without her."

So she asked which of the kids she is...

I said I think she's mostly Louise, but has elements of all three. Louise's out of the box thinking, penchant for manipulation, brains and ingenuity. Tina's nerdy, anxious good-kid thing, with her shocking secret fantasy life of zombie butts. Gene's laid back nature, and humor.

So there ya have it. Next time you watch Bob's Burgers....think of us.

CrazyMom
09-10-2015, 12:52 AM
Mariam....I could devour Jamie. So freaking hot. Guh! Love that show. If you've got Jamie at home...you are one lucky lady:)

CrazyMom
09-10-2015, 12:52 AM
Well crap....while I was writing, I wasn't first anymore. LOL. Opps.

CrazyMom
09-10-2015, 12:57 AM
No worries, Oksana:) How about book characters for those who don't watch TV? Or Movie characters...public figure... Whoever you can think of that we could draw a parallel against.

Mariam
09-10-2015, 01:11 AM
I like to think I have Jamie at home, the 50 year old version. Which makes me Claire (I hope, I sure don't want to be Laoghaire!)

CrazyMom
09-10-2015, 01:20 AM
You've got Jamie. I've got Bob. Ever consider swinging? LOLOLOLOLOL

Homeschooling Librarian
09-10-2015, 02:25 AM
"Hey, Marge. Isn't it great being married to someone who's recklessly impulsive?"
"Actually, it's aged me horribly."

At least P hasn't brought home a live pig. Yet. And we might be more Zoe and Wash from Firefly. At least, I hope we are.

TFZ
09-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Beverly Goldberg

muddylilly
09-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Geeze CM. For some reason this one stumped me and I actually found myself thinking about it over night. All I could come up with was 1970's TV shows....if that tells you something....and all references were combo's of characters.
Hubby....Pa from Little House on the Prairie and Archie from All in the Family....rugged and gentle, but ornery, and old-school
Me....Ma from Little House on the Prairie and Maude!......I like the traditional role of a wife for myself, but my bitchy side just can't control herself.

Life'sAcademyForTwo
09-10-2015, 12:30 PM
I'm going to go with the Ramano's.
2 boys, a smart & witty mom ;) that makes all go smoothly for all, a "duh" husband that works hard and thinks he's funny & tries hard to be cuddly, and a nosy MIL that thinks I can't do anything right & my house is always a mess.

Just for the fun of it i asked my kids. The 13 yo says, "The Odd Couple." "The original one."

KittyP
09-10-2015, 02:25 PM
I say Morticia and Gomez Addams, Hubster says Dharma and Greg. I can see both, in their own way.

CrazyMom
09-10-2015, 02:30 PM
OH man! I forgot about Dharma and Greg! There are definitely some parallels there for hubby and I, too:)

HawaiiGeek
09-11-2015, 01:06 AM
Since my kids watch Disney Channel all the time, I would have to go with Liv and Maddie, though we do not have twins.

Diggerbee
09-11-2015, 03:32 PM
I think we are somewhere between the Lost in Space Family, and Rosanne and Dan, with a touch of Gilligan's island. Because when we moved back to OK--it was only supposed to be

A Three Hour Tour

A Three Hour Tour!

Diggerbee
09-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Dirty Duckies! :p

Dang it, I thought more posts were below mine--this was in reference to the swinging post. Ahem.

aspiecat
09-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Not so much a "family" per se, but "The Big Bang Theory" kinda sums us up.

DH is a mix of Sheldon and Leonard
DS is a mix of Sheldon and Raj
I am definitely Amy

My MIL's mother is the late Mrs Wolowitz

Aspie

CrazyMom
09-11-2015, 05:26 PM
LOL Aspie! Love it!

pdpele
09-21-2015, 12:13 AM
Well....it's been awhile since I watched sitcoms regularly....

DS decided that when it comes to Teen Titans Go (fav cartoon)...He is Beast Boy (and talks like one, bra)...DH is Cyborg....I am Raven...I was like, Raven, huh? Not Starfire? He said no, I like books and I am often a downer, you know, bra...