PDA

View Full Version : A thread focused on sales

Mariam
09-07-2015, 01:03 PM
I was wondering if there would be an interest in having a thread where we solely posted things we find on sale that would be of interest to others in the forums. I get emails about sales all the time but I feel like I would be cluttering up the other threads with these, but I know that there are some that might be interested.

alexsmom
09-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Where we could post the latest sale we got an email for from Critical Thinking or Pandia Press? That kinda thing? Without starting a whole new thread each time?

Mariam
09-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Yes, something like you suggest. I just got an email about a sale on Bill Nye DVDs, but I always feel like I am cluttering up the thread when I post it. And it really isn't a meaningful discussion, just a "hey - check this out!" post.

Riceball_Mommy
09-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

muddylilly
09-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Sounds like a very good idea, but I can hear my wallet crying already.....or is that my husband? ;)

Mariam
09-07-2015, 04:24 PM
I'm thinking under secular swap - there can be a section on promotions from curriculums that we can post to.

muddylilly
09-07-2015, 07:28 PM
Just a thought, but do you think Topsy and the powers that be might take issue with it? Would it be a problem with their advertisers? Might need to check, just in case.

I don't think it would be, but you never know????

Mariam
09-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Yes, ML there might be an issue that way too. And I guess that the whole thing could be used as a spamfest too.

muddylilly
09-07-2015, 07:46 PM
PM Topsy, and see what she thinks. Can't hurt... :)

alexsmom
09-07-2015, 08:05 PM
And were you thinkimg a separate thread for each company, or a single continuous thread like for *well meaning relatives*, *take that public school*, *hater thread*, etc?

Mariam
09-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Oh I don't know. :) But that might be a good idea too. I'm kind of thinking out loud here.

Topsy
09-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Eavesdropping, so I'm going ahead and posting my thoughts. I'm very cool with even a "Secular Sales" forum - - doesn't have to be just a thread unless you want it to be, OR we could create a group specifically for that if you'd prefer to keep it localized to one place. I'm not too worried about spamming because 1) we mod first posts and 2) it's easy to "report" posts. Just let me know what you end up deciding and I'll try to help any way I can.

Mariam
09-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Topsy - Thanks for eavesdropping. :)

I was thinking a secular sales forum. Easy to find and the newest posts will rise to the top. (Unlike a thread to sift through to the latest information. People can post when they get an email about a sale going on that others might be interested in. I know I keep missing sales by a couple of days.

Topsy
09-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Topsy - Thanks for eavesdropping. :)

I was thinking a secular sales forum. Easy to find and the newest posts will rise to the top. (Unlike a thread to sift through to the latest information. People can post when they get an email about a sale going on that others might be interested in. I know I keep missing sales by a couple of days.

Easy enough to do. I'll get that created by end-of-week!

Mariam
09-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Sounds good!

Topsy
09-10-2015, 11:23 AM
So I've got one more question for everyone based on this request...
Would you like VENDORS to have access to the forum? In other words, vendors that we work with would have limited forum access (only this forum) and would be able to share their own upcoming sales. Obviously, it could go very wrong, but I thought I'd see what your thoughts are...

muddylilly
09-10-2015, 11:31 AM
I vote NO.
Just members that come across a sale, that seems like a great deal to them, and they'd like to share.

Mariam
09-10-2015, 04:03 PM
I agree with ML. I wanted to have a place that members can share deals that they find.

Topsy
09-11-2015, 07:05 AM
Okey-doke! Getting that up this morning!

Topsy
09-11-2015, 07:13 AM
It's up and going underneath Homeschool Links and Resources: Time Sensitive: Sales/Giveaways/Freebies Etc. (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/time-sensitive-sales-giveaways-freebies-etc/)