PDA

View Full Version : Google listings redirect to weird websites?

sichamp
07-01-2015, 12:26 PM
When I am on Google searching for homeschool ideas sometimes interesting forum posts from here are listed there, and I excitedly click to read but instead I am taken to some weird website with naked women on it. That doesn't happen with posts from other forum sites I like such as Well Trained Mind. And I keep falling for it. :( What's that all about?

alexsmom
07-01-2015, 02:12 PM
That used to happen from within the sites google search engine, but hasnt happened since they *fixed* it.

When it did happen, if you use back arrow then click the link again, it would work.

sichamp
07-01-2015, 06:36 PM
I wasn't on this site, but started on google's website doing a search. I saw a listing on there for a forum post from here that looked interesting and clicked on it, but ahhh! Naked lady! I know I can do a search on here to find the post, but I'm wondering why does the link get hijacked like that when I want to come here from Google?

HeatherS
07-01-2015, 07:08 PM
I just got redirected to a full-page Adult Friend Finder ad (with a photo of a robust topless lass) when I clicked on a link to this site from Facebook. Something is up with the ad network used on this site.

farrarwilliams
07-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I mentioned this to them and they said that it was being fixed and they got hacked. When I just checked, it seemed to be fixed when I did a search from Google. Definitely gross to be routed to a phishing site when trying to get here.

Aandwsmom
07-03-2015, 07:35 AM
I will pass this along to our tech dept. and let them know it is still happening possibly?!
Thanks for the updates and keeping us informed everyone!

Topsy
07-03-2015, 07:54 AM
We were definitely hacked this past week. :explode:
Tech support got right on it, though, once we discovered, and any forum links should be completely safe now. However, if you ever do notice a problem in future, PLEASE contact us immediately via our contact link, okay? THANKS SO MUCH!!

TFZ
07-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Might want to check your latest Facebook post. Christian-Secular Homeschoolers are lookin' pretty sexy.

Topsy
07-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Oh, the irony. Got our peeps looking into it today!

LKnomad
07-19-2015, 10:49 PM
Got linked to a rather busty woman yesterday when I clicked on a link from Facebook. Tried the link several more times and landed here instead. Just thought I would let you all know.

RunningYogini
07-19-2015, 11:30 PM
It happened to me yesterday (or the day before) when searching for bfsu through the "Google Custom Search" here on the site. I clicked on the first one and.....ARAGH!!!!!.....Yuck!!!!!......Unattractive Nekkid Lady!!!!

I wish I could wash my eyeballs out with bleach! :vomit:

Blue Ipsy
07-20-2015, 12:25 AM
It happened to me yesterday (or the day before) when searching for bfsu through the "Google Custom Search" here on the site. I clicked on the first one and.....ARAGH!!!!!.....Yuck!!!!!......Unattractive Nekkid Lady!!!!

I wish I could wash my eyeballs out with bleach! :vomit:

UGH!! I have fwd this on and am hopeful it will be resolved asap. Thanks for letting us know!

Topsy
07-20-2015, 07:36 AM
We're definitely still working on it. It's the residual effect of a hacking we experienced a few weeks ago. We thought we had all the redirects kicked, but apparently there is another resurgence. SO sorry for this, everyone!

artemis74
07-20-2015, 02:13 PM
We're definitely still working on it. It's the residual effect of a hacking we experienced a few weeks ago. We thought we had all the redirects kicked, but apparently there is another resurgence. SO sorry for this, everyone!

Yes this happened to me as well. I tried to link here from google and got quite an eyeful from a topless woman.

TFZ
07-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Oh no! Unattractive to boot? The one I saw was pretty at least. Lolololol

Topsy
07-20-2015, 09:26 PM
THANK YOU for keeping your sense of humor, you lovely peeps. I believe I had just about lost mine with all this mess, and you found it for me. :_lol:

Soulhammer
07-21-2015, 05:09 PM
Um, got redirected to naked dude from Google this morning when accessing a link to a forum.

alexsmom
07-21-2015, 05:26 PM
Well at least naked dudes are more in line with demographic of mostly moms.

I just get the computer virus alert spam ad. ;-/

Its pretty consistent, too... Google search from within site, tap on link, go to fake results, back button, tap on same link again, go where I want to go.

Topsy
07-22-2015, 07:44 AM
Got linked to a rather busty woman yesterday when I clicked on a link from Facebook. Tried the link several more times and landed here instead. Just thought I would let you all know.

Thanks for continuing to report. It LOOKS like we will have the issue fixed by today. We hired an additional outside contractor to help, and he think he will have it all cleared up for you soon. Again, so very, very sorry, everyone!!!

LKnomad
07-23-2015, 05:15 PM
Today (Thursday 23rd) at 2:14 pm PST - clicked link on FB and was directed to a topless lady. A couple of people on FB are discussing this as well.

The second time I clicked it took me here.

LoveMyBeautifulGift
07-23-2015, 07:48 PM
Just happened on my Android-google search link led to nekkid lady, back, 2nd click led to forum-popped in here to see if there were any updates and figured i should share

alexsmom
07-25-2015, 01:28 PM
Still getting the redirects here, no naked ladies or men, but the computer one, still.

TFZ
07-25-2015, 03:13 PM
Naked computer? Scandalous!

Topsy
07-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Argh! Thanks for the update! Back to the drawing board.

alexsmom
07-25-2015, 07:21 PM
naked computers arent much to look at. Not like hot sweaty soccer players. In the rain.
Just saying.

Ummm time to go turn on the A/C.

I guess CM has a point about what is pleasant to look at. ;)

muddylilly
07-25-2015, 10:21 PM
Oh my. That didn't look like something I want for my kids curriculum!
Naked lady.....well, I don't think she was much of a lady.

radiobrain
07-26-2015, 08:41 AM
it is in yahoo search as well. I got the ugly naked woman the other day, today I got a redirect to a file hosting site, immediately followed by a video player attempting to download. ad cash, and russian women dating

Today, Sunday July 26

Topsy
07-26-2015, 09:07 AM
Yep, we've got the contractor back on it again. I just can't believe how pervasive this one is. 3356

Spookygirl
07-27-2015, 02:14 PM
I just got redirected to Adult Friend Finder.. That was... unexpected..

Topsy
07-28-2015, 05:02 AM
I just got redirected to Adult Friend Finder.. That was... unexpected..

SO sorry!!! The update from the contractor last night was that he thought he had isolated the final part of the malware and he hoped to have that cleaned by Tuesday afternoon.

muddylilly
07-30-2015, 12:17 PM
Nope, nope, nope! Sorry to tell you Topsy.....I just got a very young, very unclad girl that popped up! Booo :(

Used the search feature onsite, then chose a result that should have been a forum posting. UGH!

ETA: All better now. 25 minutes later. That was weird, or you guys are johnny on the spot! :)

LKnomad
07-30-2015, 02:09 PM
OK I just got a totally weird one. No boobs. No Dudes. Instead a file online backup solution with some kind of plugin not installed and an option to download it, with a button...

Totally weird...

Aandwsmom
07-31-2015, 08:43 AM
Yep, we are getting random of this. Sorry.
Some people are getting to links properly and others are getting the not so lovely sites.
Our guys are working non-stop to get this cleared, so bear with us!
Thanks everyone for your patience!

Topsy
07-31-2015, 10:30 AM
The issue seems to be pretty much cleared up, but if you DO experience it again - - especially those of you who visit us regularly, it might help to clear your browser cache and then try again. Thanks, all!