PDA

View Full Version : Loop scheduling

RTB
06-25-2015, 01:00 PM
I've recently read some stuff on loop scheduling. Does anyone use this method? If so can you share how you do it?

HawaiiGeek
06-25-2015, 01:58 PM
RTB love your haircut and new name. I just started looking at this because you mentioned it - yes I am addicted to homeschooling curriculum and how to implement. Anyway do you have a link? I think I get it, but wondering what you have been reading.

RTB
06-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Thanks!

I've been reading this Looping: Task Management for the (Recovering) Type A Mom - Amongst Lovely Things (http://amongstlovelythings.com/looping-task-management-for-recovering/)

and

Loop Scheduling vs. Block Scheduling for Your Homeschool (http://edsnapshots.com/loop-scheduling/)

The first one has a link to a webinar (you have to give your e-mail address though). That has been helpful.

I just always feel like there is too much to get done, and something always comes up around here - so I'm thinking maybe a loop is the way to go. Because I really want to get stuff done, but I don't want to be so hung up on getting xyz done today, now, no matter what. Ugh, I annoy myself when I get that way, I'm sure I make my kids crazy too - ha!

RTB
06-25-2015, 02:40 PM
This site too

Loop Scheduling ? Eclectic Homeschooling (http://eclectic-homeschool.com/loop-scheduling/)

muddylilly
06-25-2015, 04:29 PM
Holy Crap I'm a slacker!! some of these mom's really make me feel unworthy....booo hissss.
(as an aside: Rebecca, love the new pic, but the name is throwing me off :) )

Actually, the whole looping thing is how I homeschool and housekeep.....BUT, to make a list for it is no way to recover from being a type A mom! KWIM?

Anyhoo....nice to know there is a name for the way I live my life....like finally being diagnosed ;)

mamakven
06-25-2015, 05:02 PM
i'm not currently, but i wrote a blog post on it 3 yrs ago. here's the link Homeschooling With the Kvenvoldens: The Homeschool Loop Schedule; How to make one, and why. (http://homeschoolingwiththekvenvoldens.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-homeschool-loop-schedule-how-to.html)

banjobaby
06-25-2015, 05:31 PM
I've been dabbling in it. We started last winter when I got the doldrums. I'm really good at doing things every day. I manage with things done a few times a week. I struggle with things I only want to do once a week or less, so I made a loop for this and placed it right after breakfast. This did a very good job of bringing back things I love like Classics for Kids, Child-sized Masterpieces, word games, etc... back into our homeschool.

Next year, I'm hoping to have a good language arts loop and an independent work loop.

RTB
06-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Holy Crap I'm a slacker!! some of these mom's really make me feel unworthy....booo hissss.
(as an aside: Rebecca, love the new pic, but the name is throwing me off :) )

Actually, the whole looping thing is how I homeschool and housekeep.....BUT, to make a list for it is no way to recover from being a type A mom! KWIM?

Anyhoo....nice to know there is a name for the way I live my life....like finally being diagnosed ;)

Laughing! I know my brain hurts a little bit after reading all this stuff and I consider myself organized, but geez.

On another note, I did read/watch (?) about doing an education game loop. I thought that was a cool idea as I seem to collect education games to display dust bunnies on. *sigh* I guess I need a cleaning loop too. damn.

justabout
06-25-2015, 10:27 PM
I really like this idea. It is what I do intuitively I think.

lakshmi
07-03-2015, 10:36 AM
I loved loop scheduling for a while and read everything I could about it on WTM forum seems that they have a lot of folks using it..

rosewolf
07-03-2015, 12:06 PM
I hadn't heard of loop scheduling, but that's kind of what we do with history and science. We love both of those, but they're also both hands on in our home. That often means that they get pushed to "tomorrow" more often than I'd like because of the time involved. I do love the idea of doing this with computer games and such, too.

Ancia
07-13-2015, 08:45 PM
For those who used loop schedules before, why did you stop? In theory this sounds like a way for me to finally get to the stuff that never gets done, but I don't want to put another layer of confusion to my "to do" list.

jenblackwell2
07-13-2015, 10:52 PM
This is really helpful. As my older daughter progresses, I realize that I should be a little more organized to make sure we continue to progress in a meaningful way. I'm also going to start some intentional things with my little one this year, and I am going to have to figure out how to work with them separately as well as together. (I'll also be caring for my infant niece, so any planning will be helpful.)

I kind of use looping for my housework, and it has been awesome... so using it with homeschooling to some extent should be an easy transition. The biggest thing for me will be to keep table work to a minimum, and keep the rest fun and so that it doesn't really seem like "school work".