PDA

View Full Version : Mission US - A revolutionary way to learn history.

StartingOver
10-01-2010, 12:03 AM
I haven’t looked at it to see if it is adaptable to younger children yet. But I had to get this one out here, the demo I saw a couple of days ago was pretty neat.

I attended the Corpus Christi, Teachers Extravaganza on Tuesday. I have a ton of stuff to look through. But wanted share this one now.

Mission US (http://www.mission-us.org/) is completely free. From their flyer….

The target players are Teens and Tweens. Mission 1: “ For Crown of Colony?” helps players understand the social, political, and economical conflicts that led to the American Revolution. Players take on the role of Nathaniel Wheeler, a young printer’s apprentice, who much carry out tasks for his master while confronting Bostonians’ clashing views on the British authority and colonial protest. In five episodes of game play, students choose a path that culminates in the Boston Massacre. In the aftermath, the player determines Nat’s fate by taking a stand – supporting the Patriot cause or remaining loyal to the Crown.

Mission 2 is to be released in 2012.

If anyone you get a personal review up before I do, be sure and let me know !

hockeymom
10-01-2010, 06:41 AM
That looks great, Jana. We won't be checking it out too closely for awhile, but it's already in my bookmarks. I love love love American History and can't wait for DS to study it in depth. Thanks for sharing the link!

BPier12
10-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks for this link, Jana! Your timing could not have been better -- this is exactly where we are in our study of the events of the American Revolution. Can't wait to check it out!

pandahoneybee
10-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks Jana! Hope that you don't mind I am going to share it;) looks like just want I need for Alex!

wild_destiny
10-01-2010, 11:35 AM
That is cool, Jana! Now I can't wait for you to share the other neat finds you came away with! :)

StartingOver
10-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Share away !!!! I have it on my blog, and over at TWTM forums.

Deanna, most of the cool finds over the years, are much updated now. LOL I did the first trip in the ice age, or it feels that way LOL.

archibael
10-01-2010, 03:27 PM
That is soooooooo cool.

ClassicalLearning
12-02-2010, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it. We are moving into the civil war but it never hurts to pop backwards in time for a refresher course.

Emerald
12-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Very cool. Thank you for sharing!