PDA

View Full Version : Hi from NE Florida!

Marmalade
03-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Hello! I'm a homeschooling mom of 4 in NE Florida.

this is our first year with HS but we are pretty much hooked. My children are 10, 9, 5 and 4.

Our Homeschool style is definitely eclectic....we go from workbooks to websites to literature to the Discovery Channel.

Lately we've been dipping our toes in unschooling but we definitely find more comfort in just staying eclectic.

I spend hours searching the internet for new and fun resources and hope to be able to share things as well as find new information from everyone here!

Topsy
03-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Great to meet you, Marmalade (love the name, btw!) :)

Eclectic homeschooling seems to work really well for many homeschoolers because you have the freedom to see what works best with each kiddo and run with it!! Definitely drop in and share your day, your thoughts, and your favorite resources as often as possible. I look forward to seeing your posts!!

Topsy

Snoopy
03-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi Marmalade! Are you in the Jacksonville area? I heard that there are a couple of secular groups there. Here's one http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jacksonvillesecularhomeschoolers/ it's small, but sometimes small is best (mine only has 7 members, lol!). I look forward to speaking with you.

Dannah Smith Fritz
08-07-2011, 09:44 PM
HI we are in Jacksonville, where are you at? I also have a 10 year old.