PDA

View Full Version : I wish all contests werent dependant on Facebook

alexsmom
03-13-2015, 12:07 AM
Its been months since Ive been able to enter SHS giveaways - all because I dont *do* Facebook.

Solong
03-13-2015, 12:55 AM
Win-Win! What's the problem? :)

ikslo
03-13-2015, 07:52 AM
I don't do fb either, so I felt the same way. Irritated by the upcoming contests for which you have to monitor fb. Until I remembered that I had already realized all the winners are people who sign up just for the giveaway, and never post again (or at least it seems)...so I probably wouldn't win anyway!

Topsy
03-15-2015, 09:54 AM
For really short-term giveaways, like this week's where we'll be doing two a day, FB is just the easiest way to post and admin giveaways. But we ALWAYS have our bigger, long-term monthly giveaways right here on the site, and the other cool thing about those is that the entries are completely confined to people who log in and post, which makes the competition smaller, so definitely make sure to enter each of those. This month's giveaway (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/content/1271-march-2015-giveaway-vocabulary-spelling-city/) is from Vocabulary Spelling City. We've even had members who've won some of our monthly giveaways more than once!!

Life'sAcademyForTwo
08-09-2015, 09:08 PM
FB shut down my page. They didn't like my homeschool name & I couldn't give them "Government Proof" of it. So I came here and Homeschoogle. I REFUSE to do another FB page ever again! The first one I had (with my 'real name') had Homeschool High School Drama and the second they shut down.
:p on FB

LKnomad
08-09-2015, 11:22 PM
Life'sAcademy

FB seems to do some clean up randomly for some reason. My friend's daughter was told she had to send proof of who she was or they would take down her page. Since she is 14 she didn't have proof. So she opened a new page. Her mom guessed someone decided to report her just to cause trouble, and there was nothing they could do.

Life'sAcademyForTwo
08-09-2015, 11:48 PM
Sadly, one local homeschool groups I was in, I had just posted a field trip and had people signing up, vanished and they panicked. Luckily, I think, some one has re-posted it and will keep me informed.
After having 2 and having both messed up, I'm done.