PDA

View Full Version : US States - short videos?

alexsmom
03-12-2015, 03:09 PM
My 3rd grader is embarking on learning the US states (Goes with colonial US history, Id like him to have some context, go figure!) and a search here and on youtube didnt reveal anything I was looking for. Im looking for a brief *crash course* style video on each of the states, to give it more reference and relevance than coloring in the state on a piece of paper.
I know somewhere there is a show about how the states got their shapes, but cant think of what its called.
Does anyone have survey-level recommendations?
Thanks in advance!

BatDad
03-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Funny enough, the show is called How the States Got Their Shapes. It is on Netflix, if you use that. Two seasons are available.

alexsmom
03-12-2015, 03:54 PM
I just found that on History Channel's website! It looks like it would be good review after knowing about all the states - the episodes are thematic, like *north vs south* *city versus country* *rednecks versus hillbillies* *big versus small*.

I guess Im looking for something that talks about each state individually (or even regionally), that will help DS to remember *oh yes, Conneticut is up in that cold corner, and Florida is that hot muggy place with Disneyworld, alligators, Cape Canaveral, and hurricaines.*