PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the swing of things...

callie
09-21-2010, 03:35 PM
We were doing so good...then we took a week off for a family vacation. No regrets there, we hadn't been anywhere in almost 2 years. Now I can't seem to get back on track. Right now we are just doing the basics, but I really need to get his electives back into the schedule. He's not liking school right now because it's boring, and I totally understand. So, how do y'all get back into a rhythm after a break?

mommykicksbutt
09-21-2010, 04:28 PM
I ease into the first day only going with about half of the subjects. Then the next couple of days I let sonny (age 13) choose which subjects to start with, I give him a choice of 3, he chooses which order to do them. After a short snack/potty/lunch/whatever break I let him choose the order of the rest of his subjects. I also let him decide where to do his schooling: in the classroom, the kitchen table, floor of the family room, outside on the patio, or sprawled on the lawn (not in his bedroom - too many distracts in there). I bribe, opps, I mean reward, him with extra xbox time if he does his studies without complaint and in a timely manner. Beginning the next full week it is back to normal until the next extended break.