PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Maine

hal1791
03-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi there,
I am currently a college student who is also homeschooling my two younger sisters, 9 and 6. We are out in the sticks , an hour from the nearest city.So resultingly we have a library with almost no educational books. i am so happy that I found this community , since like everyone else , all the homeschoolers in our area ( all three families) are super christians!I am getting very tired of hearing how I am preparing my sisters for hell.Cheyanne, 9, is very interested in animals and the environment. She wants to be a zoologist when she grows up!Grace is 6, adopted from china , and wants to be " a 'fessional babysitter". Both girls hate any curriculums that I pick so this year I am writing most of my own!!!!!! Thanks so much for creating this community , it will be so nice to have people who understand our needs !

Topsy
03-15-2010, 11:26 AM
So glad to have you here! What a unique situation you have!! If you would ever be interested in writing a short blog piece about your experiences homeschooling your sisters, I would LOVE to promote it to a front-page article...it would be such an inspiring and informational read! Glad you found the site...jump right in and make yourself at home!! :)

Topsy

Snoopy
03-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Welcome! You must be incredibly busy, being a student yourself AND teaching 2 kids too! And without a library nearby? Yikes. I hope you subscribe to Amazon Prime, lol.

crstarlette
03-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Wow, you're awesome. Good for you. Care to share what you're studying in college?

hal1791
03-15-2010, 09:29 PM
I am an individualized major , European studies , with dual focus on history and cultural anthopology.I also have a minor in environmental studies ( I am a Mainer!!) I would love to write a blog piece , Topsy . I will let you know when I get it finished.

CroppinMom
03-16-2010, 12:37 AM
Wow, sounds like you're really organized to be able to make all that work - those girls are lucky to have a sister like you! If I had tried to homeschool my younger sister there would have been bloodshed. Of course, she is only 2 years younger than I am so that might have something to do with it. Welcome!