PDA

View Full Version : New to Charleston, SC!! We are looking to meet homeschoolers in our area!!

ouishbug
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Hi there! We have just moved to Charleston, SC from Maryland and we are looking for other homeschoolers in our area! We would love to connect for field trips, friendship and sharing our homeschool experience :)

We are located in the neighborhood of Dunes West in Mount Pleasant. We're looking forward to hearing from our friends in the area!!

Shoe
09-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Welcome to the site. Be sure to check out the "Groups" (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group) page and join the SC one.

Cheers.

Topsy
09-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Great to have you here! So far, I only have one inclusive homeschool support group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CharlestonHSTimes/) listing for Charleston, but if you find out about others, please let us know. Charleston is one of our absolute favorite vacation spots. If you haven't yet, be sure to take the kiddos to Cypress Gardens and do the flat boat ride. Alligators up close and personal is about as fun a homeschooling adventure as it gets!! :)

Trillian
09-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey! I'm right across the street from you! :D I live in a close-by neighborhood. I've been trying to think of some places to take my kids outdoors now that the weather is starting to become a little more bearable, I could let you know if/when we figure anything out.

ouishbug
09-16-2010, 12:13 AM
Sounds wonderful! Just let me know if you decide to do anything and we will join in! Thanks for replying!!

pandahoneybee
09-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Welcome to the group! Can't wait to get to know ya better;)

dehippygirl
01-24-2011, 03:45 PM
hey yes there is a secular homeschooling group, I believe it is secular [email protected] ? not sure but there is also the other non faith groups 7713673 call me anytime

bcnlvr
01-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Welcome! I am on Daniel Island (about 6 miles from Dunes West if you go the back way). I have two sons, 9 and 6 (younger in Kinder at PS).

Baconlover
(Michele)

Donna Marguglio
08-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Hi there! We have just moved to Charleston, SC from Maryland and we are looking for other homeschoolers in our area! We would love to connect for field trips, friendship and sharing our homeschool experience :)

We are located in the neighborhood of Dunes West in Mount Pleasant. We're looking forward to hearing from our friends in the area!!

Hi,

We used to live in Dunes West but now live out in the country. Trying to get into West Ashley over the next two years. How old are your children? I have one 11 year old sweet boy, Liam. He loves tennis and the beach. I am a tour guide as well as a yoga teacher and often take home to work with me on the tour boat. He loves the water. We have been homeschooling for about three years and love it. Please feel free to call me anytime if you would like to get together or even chat on the phone. That goes for anyone here. 843-200-7405. Thanks so much, Donna

Li_marie
03-19-2015, 12:08 PM
I know you posted this several years ago, but did you have any luck? We just moved from NoVa to Summerville.

Nadia Castelnot-James
04-22-2016, 08:24 AM
Hello
We are also living in Summerville.
I would love to meet you and your family.
Let me know if you are still around Summerville or still homeschooling.
I see the post is from last year .
Thank you
Bye bye
Nadia

Nadia Castelnot-James
04-24-2016, 08:17 AM
Hello
We are in Summerville also ?
Would you like to meet ?
Bye bye
Nadia :)