PDA

View Full Version : can I play too?

Kalycru
09-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone Im Kalycru, a mama to three kids from Wisconsin. We are in our first year of homeschooling after trying public for the last few years.
We are a pretty laid back family, but definitely deviate from the norm. We are atheist/agnostic/believing in christ-depending on which family member you are talking to. Yes, we have three separate beliefs (or lack of) in one family. It certainly makes for some interesting conversations at the dinner table.
We tend to be pretty natural minded about most things, with lots of contradictions thrown in there for good measure. Drinking organic milk with your egg mc muffin balances out the universe ya know.
Anyways, looking forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Sarbare0704
09-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the group! Great to have you here! We are also in our first year of home schooling and are in Kenosha. Where in Wi are you from?

Shoe
09-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Drinking organic milk with your egg mc muffin balances out the universe ya know.
Anyways, looking forward to getting to know everyone. :)Sounds about right to me. I look forward to getting to know you too.

Cheers and welcome.

Kalycru
09-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Welcome to the group! Great to have you here! We are also in our first year of home schooling and are in Kenosha. Where in Wi are you from?

We are in West Bend but have lots of family in Racine/Keno.

InstinctiveMom
09-13-2010, 02:17 PM
We tend to be pretty natural minded about most things, with lots of contradictions thrown in there for good measure. Drinking organic milk with your egg mc muffin balances out the universe ya know.

LOL - yeah, that's a pretty good summation of our home life, too :)
We're also first year newbies, in TX with 2 boys.
Welcome to the forums!
~h

Sarbare0704
09-13-2010, 02:43 PM
We are in West Bend but have lots of family in Racine/Keno.

Awesome! how old are your kids? We may just have to do some field trips together!

wild_destiny
09-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi, Kalycru, what a fun intro to the group! Apparently, there are a lot of us out here who think that organic milk mixed with Happy Meals constitutes nutritional balance. Personally, my "balance" is apples and chocolate chip cookies--not mixed, though!

pandahoneybee
09-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Welcome to the group Kalycru! I agree with everyone else one of the funniest intros! I personally think that choc cake and milk make the perfect breakfast! there is some veggie in there somewhere I am sure of it;) Can't wait to get to know ya better:eek:

Topsy
09-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Great to have you here, Kalycru. Be sure to drop by and join the WI group (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=75), if you haven't already. I hope you will enjoy being part of the site and helping keep us "balanced." ;)

Kalycru
09-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Awesome! how old are your kids? We may just have to do some field trips together!

My kiddos are 8, 4 and just turned 2.

CoffeeHeidi
09-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Drinking organic milk with your egg mc muffin balances out the universe ya know.

LMAO! We're the same way! Organic, free-range eggs except when I need to boil them (tired of wasting eggs because trying to peel of the shell results in the removal of half the egg,) organic milk, take out pizza and fast food, etc. :-)

Wilma
09-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Welcome. We try to be healthy minded here too. Raw milk, grind our wheat except when we make cookies, make my own skin care until I realized the wrinkles were winning, and sometimes mac and cheese from the blue box is the only thing that will do!

Bellanina
09-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Welcome to the group! I'm in Canada and together with Camaro on here, we're in our second year of homeschooling our 3 boys.

We live on the family farm, raise chickens for the eggs (when they decide to lay them, that is), cattle for the beef (and maybe end up milking the dairy cows too someday) and grow some of our own veggies. But nothing beats a good bucket of fried chicken or a takeout pizza from the city either!!