PDA

View Full Version : Nomadic family soon home educating

Megami
09-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Hi. I am a new member to this group, currently 'transitioning' to home education my six year old son for a variety of reasons. I have a blog, so I guess I can be lazy and direct you there if you want to know more about us :)

http://letsdosomethingdifferent.wordpress.com/

We are Australian, but currently live in the UK. We are moving to Germany next year.

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Megami

Shoe
09-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the site.

Cheers

InstinctiveMom
09-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Wow - what fun! I'll check out your blog :)
Welcome to the site!
~h

pandahoneybee
09-13-2010, 03:54 PM
What fun! welcome to the group, sooo how do you like it in the UK? grandma's family was from there but all i remember was the fruit cakes! not talking about my family well ok maybe;)

Sarbare0704
09-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the group!

Megami
09-14-2010, 05:21 AM
Thanks everyone.

Pandahoneybee - while the UK is not perfect, we like it here and chose to move here (having previously lived here for two years before having our son). One of the main advantages is the close proximity to mainland Europe, and the accessible history.

I spoke to my son's current school today about potentially flexi-schooling, so hopefully that will be happening soon. I will let people know how it goes if you are interested.

Topsy
09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks for introducing yourself, Megami. It is wonderful to have more active European members posting! Have you added yourself to our Members Map (http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=178757) yet?? Look forward to getting to know you more...

mommykicksbutt
09-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the site! We are a witty bunch so pull your chair up to your keyboard, grab something to drink and a rag to wipe off the monitor. You'll be surprised at how many times you'll spit whatever you're drinking all over your monitor when reading the stuff on here!

Oh, if you're ever in the Cadiz area of Andulsian Spain, let me know!

Megami
09-25-2010, 03:24 AM
Hi Everyone

Well due to a hectic week and computer dramas I have not been around, but I think you will probably be seeing a lot more of me soon - I tried to discuss flexi-schooling with my son's school yesterday (something that you can do in the UK) and they were totally against it so next Wednesday is his last day at school (he has class excursions on Monday AND Wednesday next week, which I said he could go on).

I am feeling confident and happy in my decision - my in-laws are visiting and my MIL is a retired primary teacher and university academic who taught primary education and she has been very helpful in providing ideas and encouragement. And my husband is on board and supportive, so I am very lucky in that regard.

On with the adventure!

Kylie
09-25-2010, 06:51 AM
Welcome, both to the site and to homeschooling. :D