PDA

View Full Version : home school time is good for littil child

romeoblaze
09-13-2010, 01:31 AM
We started in September homeschool so we are fairly new at it. We choose a Beka. We are a 5 th grader, 4 grader and kindergarten students. Now I see that math is too hard so I down a grade math (ie., 4 and 3 will be moved).
Problem: For your kids' learning do not want me. " My daughter is having difficulty explaining to the division and every time I tune out and he gets frustrated. We have been split for over a month doing it and still do not get it: I too with him .. I sit there and watch the patient and correct the wrong desision I hope he will learn to create on your own makes the right moves.
Our son depends on me for English. She is learning about topics adverbs and adjectives. Without a question he does not me ... When I left the table he just waits ... If I continue to ask him for he says he does not understand that one.

Shoe
09-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Welcome to the site! I'm afraid I don't have any good advice for teaching math, but I'm sure someone here can help.

Teri
09-13-2010, 08:57 AM
So, are you homeschooling in your native language or in English?
I am afraid that your post is very difficult to read.

dbmamaz
09-13-2010, 10:14 AM
I am having trouble understanding your post, also. You seem to be calling your son 'she' and your daughter 'he'. Its hard to tell if your kids are upset because you arent paying attention, or because they dont understand division. If she doesnt understand division, use objects - like beans. 40 beans divided by 4 - thats 4 piles, 10 beans each. Let the child use the beans for every problem until they understand it better.

In order to understand the difference between adjectives and adverbs, they would first have to understand the difference between nouns and verbs, since the difference between adjective and adverbs is that they describe nouns or verbs (and other adjectives). Are you sure your child is ready for this level of work?

I also am not clear if your kids are fluent in the language of the curriculum you gave them? and if not, that sounds like you are asking a bit much of them.