PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Georgia!

WendyMama
09-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi! I've been lurking here for awhile, but decided it's time I introduce myself. My name is Wendy and my husband and I have been giving strong thought to homeschooling our son when he begins kindergarten next year. Right now he's in a 4-morning a week private preschool that we love, but we're already noticing that he is gifted and getting bored easily (which unfortunately is leading to fidgeting and hyperactive behaviors that are very unlike him). Right now he's in a room with 14 kids and 2 teachers, so I don't know what it will be like in a room with 30+ kids- he's just going to get lost! I really don't want him to lose his love of learning by getting bored!

We currently do a little "homeschooling" on his mornings off, nothing too structured, but we're always trying to fill our days with fun and educational activities and projects.

I can already tell that this forum is going to be very helpful as we figure out our plans for next year. We're definitely secular homeschoolers, and I'm so glad to see that there is a such a great supportive community here that I can take part in without worrying that my beliefs will make me an outsider. :-)

pandahoneybee
09-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the group! Glad you decided to introduce yourself;) I think that you will find that we have alot of members who are just beginning their homeschool journey on here and they will share alot of good info with ya~ And if you want to join the the Georgia group (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=60) as well, you get some insight from members from GA that already went thru that first year;)

StartingOver
09-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Welcome Wendy ! I have my 3rd bouncy boy, Quince is 4 and would be bored to death in school, and therefor a huge discipline problem. Welcome to the club. LOL

Sarbare0704
09-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the group! Sounds like you will fit right in here! Great to have you!

Shoe
09-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Welcome to the site!

WendyMama
09-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Topsy
09-14-2010, 11:24 AM
So glad to meet you, WendyMama...thanks for coming out of "hiding" and introducing yourself. There are SO many folks here who are at exactly the point your family is at...trying to make that big decision about homeschooling. I hope you will find lots of good resources, support, and guidance here to help you as you decide.