PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Denver!

RebeccaBlackwell
09-12-2010, 02:26 AM
I am a the mother of 3 children, ages 14, 12 and 9, homeschooling for the first time this year. My husband and I decided to homeschool for a variety of reasons- but mostly we wanted to have the freedom to travel with our children, allowing them to experience the world rather than just read about it. Being new to homeschooling, we are feeling our way around in the dark. I know several homeschool families and groups in my city, but they all homeschool for religious reasons. We are not a religious family, and so I am looking for resources and community that share similar values. I look forward to learning from all of you!

pandahoneybee
09-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Hello, hello and welcome to the group;) We are happy to be your online support group, with a wealth of knowledge so no need to feel around in the dark! Just ask anything I am sure someone up here has some info or opinion that they are too happy to share;0)

chelleah
09-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Hello to you, I have a 14 year old daughter, soon to be 15. This is a fantastic group of people, I am sure you will enjoy your visits!

Sarbare0704
09-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Welcome to the group! Great to have you here!

InstinctiveMom
09-13-2010, 03:09 AM
Welcome to the group, Rebecca! What a wonderful reason to homeschool :)
I look forward to reading more about your family.
Warmly,
~h

Topsy
09-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Welcome, Rebecca. It's great to have you here! Lots of secular support, resources, and advice to be found around the site! You mentioned not being able to find much local non-religious support, and I wanted to share one group that I know is in the Denver area and isn't faith-based: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DNHC/

Hope that your first year goes great!!