PDA

View Full Version : Hola from Florida :D

Mommytutu
09-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Hi! I'm so glad I found an active forum for secular homeschoolers!

I'm Kate, mom to two little girls. This is our first full year of homeschooling. We spent half of last school year doing preschool. My oldest is now starting Kindergarten and we are having a BLAST! :D

Shoe
09-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the site, Kate. I hope you'll enjoy it here as much as I do.

Cheers.

InstinctiveMom
09-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Hi Kate! Welcome to the forums :)
It's so great to hear from happy homeschoolers!
~h

pandahoneybee
09-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the the nuttiest and funniest group of people that you will ever know! ok thats me but the rest are right up there with me I think???

I sooo wish I had the foresight to homeschool since the beginning, i know that my oldest would be in a different place if we had. So Kuddos to you for discovering the joys of homeschooling earlier than i did ;) We have two areas I wanted to share with you just in case you haven't had a chance to find them yet. One is the FL group (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=26), drop in and say hi if you have the time, and the other is the resource page (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/content/192-resources) which has alllll kinds of good info!

BPier12
09-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi Kate, and welcome! We're in Florida too, also in our first year of homeschooling. :D

Mommytutu
09-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. :)

Diane Leach
09-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Hello from Florida. New here to the boards. I am a homeschool mom who tried the Florida public school last year (first year in Florida) won't go there again. Back to homeschool. Have a child repeating first grade now and one in 3rd now. I won't go into details but let's just say they aren't made for the brick and mortar education. We are considering Oak Meadow this year haven't really made a decision just yet. Any suggestions would be great! Still learning the ropes down here.

Sincerely,
Diane

StartingOver
09-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Welcome Kate ! We are doing a mix of Pre K/ K/ 1st LOL

Mommytutu
09-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi to a fellow Floridian, Diane! We're still pretty new to homeschooling, and I'm just pulling from a variety of different resources and curriculums. We're on a fairly tight budget, but it's working for us pretty well. :)

Jana, we're in the same boat. My oldest is doing mostly K and 1st, with a little bit of pre-k still, and my little one is now at the pre-pre-k level and is loving learning how to count, sing her ABCs, and pick out shapes. She's not very verbal (which is the exact opposite of my older daughter, who was talking in complete sentences at her first birthday!) so it's been an interesting start in our journey. :)