PDA

View Full Version : Assignment app?

4Ranger
09-25-2014, 07:45 AM
Does anyone have a recommendation for an assignment app? The kids and I have our own android tablets, which I would like to utilize for weekly planning. It would be great if I could input their entire week's work on my tablet and they could view it on theirs. Or, even if I have to type each subject and task into their tablet that would be fine too. Any ideas?
In advance, many thanks for taking the time to read and/or respond to my inquiry.

alexsmom
09-25-2014, 09:45 AM
I had just been looking for one on ios! Without success :( ios has a hub family planner which lets each family member have and share to do lists and schedules, and you can attach files to it, but after the free trial its $5/month.

Good luck!

dbmamaz
09-25-2014, 09:51 AM
I use COZI to-do lists, which are free. There's a free calendar too. You can access it as a family from all different hand helds and PCs too

I think some people use google aps of some sort?

Riceball_Mommy
09-25-2014, 10:06 AM
For a to-do list with a twist, you could also try HabitRPG. It gives you game rewards for completing your tasks. You can set it up on PC and it has a companion app too.

WWhomeschoolmom
09-25-2014, 12:31 PM
I am trying out Homeschool Helper, but haven't used it long enough to give a review unfortunately.

Homeschool Helper App (http://www.homeschoolhelperapp.com/)

4Ranger
09-25-2014, 08:15 PM
I have looked at various apps today...until I thought my eyes might fall out. There are a lot of great ones but none that completely fit the bill for me. I did end up downloading Homeschool Helper but it has many features I don't necessarily need, and is missing a couple that would make things easier.
Once upon a time I had cozi just for my to-do list; I will revisit that one! I really like the fact that I could type it all on the laptop rather than on the tablet.
I will check put the HabitRPG, too. That sounds really interesting, I think the fellas would get a kick out of it.
Also, on a fb group planbook.com was recommended to me. It looks great but only has an ios/apple app...no love for the android. Lol
Thank you so much for your input!

Mamaowl
09-28-2014, 07:47 AM
We use Edmodo. It's a website, not an app. It is similar to Facebook in the layout and posting ability. The calendar function has been working well for us and you can save assignments to speed up weekly planning. Assignments can be submitted directly through the site and tasks can be marked off by the student. You can create different subject groups as well. It is technically designed for a classroom, but it works well for us.

alexsmom
09-28-2014, 04:03 PM
I just saw Edmodo is available as an app too!

Free!

Mamaowl
09-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Yes, it does have an app, but the app has limited features and is better used for checking assignments and posts instead of assignment creation.