PDA

View Full Version : Website where you can ask certified teachers questions!!

mommyofbrody
09-04-2014, 09:02 AM
This is a website where you can ask questions about your student's progress, state standards, teaching gifted or struggling learners, teaching techniques etc. Hope it helps! www.AdviceFromTeachers.com:88_::88_::88_:

Accidental Homeschooler
09-05-2014, 10:49 AM
The link isn't working for me.

dbmamaz
09-05-2014, 10:54 AM
You can just type it in. But of course, its not free. Its like $9 a month subscription. I cant imagine they have much to offer that you cant get on homeschool sites for free

dbmamaz
09-05-2014, 10:55 AM
haha the person who posted this - its her only post. Guess who was probably sent here to advertise their website lol

bcnlvr
09-05-2014, 01:35 PM
If I wanted "certified teachers" opinions, I can get that at the local public school.

hockeymom
09-05-2014, 01:44 PM
If I wanted "certified teachers" opinions, I can get that at the local public school.

This.

I homeschool. Why in the world would I want a public school teacher's opinion on how I'm doing my job?

I doubt this first time poster will generate much interest here. I believe it's called barking up the wrong tree?

hockeymom
09-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Oh seriously--it's called Advice From Teachers?! What the heck are we?!?

dbmamaz
09-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Ok, i read the website and apparently it was started by two sisters - one was a teacher and the other decided to homeschool. Her sister's advice was so important to her in her first year, she wanted to offer that as a service to other homeschoolers. So I can see where its coming from - it just doesnt jive with the dominant homeschool philosophy on this board, imo

homegirl
09-05-2014, 08:06 PM
That is SO the opposite of everything we're trying to do in our home.

skrink
09-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Not interested at all, but you know, so many newbies in my local hs group desperately want a hand to hold. Might be worth it to them.

farrarwilliams
09-06-2014, 12:24 AM
Let me be blunt: what a terrible idea. State standards? Blech. :vomit:

I love it when I have a chance to use the vomit smiley.

murphs_mom
09-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Paranoia. Would NEVER click on a link like this...especially from someone who's never posted here before. Sorry.

quabbin
09-06-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm a certified teacher. (OK, I've actually let my paperwork expire. But two states have licensed me.) It is less useful in homeschooling than you might think. :)
What questions would homeschoolers have? The CCSS and other standards are there for the Googling; teachers have no reason to have read up on state HSing laws; for virtually everything else, HSing experience is going to be more relevant than classroom experience.