PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian mom on the move

Shewolf
09-03-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm a Norwegian mom, who'll be moving to Santa Cruz, CA, this winter. We're staying for at least six months, maybe longer. While we're there, I'll be homeschooling my ten-year-old daughter and my five-year-old son. I'm really exited about this, and trying to prepare both mentally and practically before we leave. The kids will be attending a home school program, but we'll have to work out a way to combine Norwegian and US curriculum and languages. This looks like a great forum!

Shoe
09-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Welcome to the site Shewolf! I'm sure you'll find a lot of support and information here. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Cheers.

hockeymom
09-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Welcome Shewolf! I grew up not too far from Santa Cruz--it's a great town! Really funky and open and fun. I hope you like your experience there, and I hope you visit this site often! :)

BPier12
09-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi, Shewolf, and welcome! What a great adventure you will be having! We lived in France for three years and one of our best travel adventures was exploring part of Norway. We loved Oslo and the beautiful countryside that we drove through and camped in on our way there. I hope you find great support here. It is a wonderful forum!

Topsy
09-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Congrats on your upcoming move and homeschooling, shewolf (LOVE your avatar, btw!). I hope it will be the adventure of a lifetime for your whole family. Definitely blog about the experience if you can and share it with us!

journey
09-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Welcome Shewolf, I'm live in San Francisco, CA, but not for much longer. I'm not the forum as well, and will tell you the community is very engaged and I believe you will gain from being part of it.

pandahoneybee
09-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the funniest group of people around on the internet:D (and I wasn't even paid that much to say that LOL) I think that this group will help out with anything that they can so check back often!

Shewolf
09-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks, guys! :) Yes, I really believe this will be a great experience for all of us.

BPier12, I'm from Oslo, and now we live just outside the city, in a valley on the other side of the Oslo forest. Great you enjoyed our beautiful country!