PDA

View Full Version : homeschooling in the atlanta suburbs

lafemmedesfemmes
09-02-2010, 11:55 AM
hello!

my name is christina. i live in lawrenceville, georgia, with my husband and two sons aged 5.5 and 3. i'm starting my 2nd year of homeschooling my older son, and my younger son is working on making things as interesting as possible. :-) my husband is an atheist, and i guess i'm most comfortable with the label "quaker-affiliated nontheist", so yes, our homeschooling is very secular!

i'm so happy to have found this place! we're edging our way towards a classical-type of homeschooling, and i've found so many new things to look up. my "homeschooling" bookmarks folder is full to bursting! :-)

anyway, nice to meet you all.

christina

Shoe
09-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the site, Christina

Topsy
09-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Great to have you here, Christina!! I hope you will find the site beneficial to you as you homeschool again this year. There are SO many great folks who frequent these forums, and there is always something new going on. Also, if you haven't already, you might want to join the Georgia group in the Groups section of the site to find more local secular homeschoolers. See you around SHS.com!! :)

Sarbare0704
09-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Welcome to the group! Great to have you here!

AshleysMum
09-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi and welcome! I used to live in Clarkston :D Love Atlanta! We're in TN now. I envy you the wonderful International Farmers Markets!!