PDA

View Full Version : Arts & Crafts!

Jen V
06-23-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm a maker of things and want to pass skill and love for handmade on to my 11 y/o daughter. So far it has been a bit tough as she doesn't get excited about crafty things like yarn or thread, which excite me no end. I keep trying new things with her though hoping something will spark her interest.

I just found this Stitching Club that is about the fifty states - each week a new little pattern to embroider and then at the end, a quilt to make. I love the idea of bringing her first unit for homeschool (the 50 States as it happens) into an art project.

I didn't think she would be interested but wanted to run the idea by her and she was actually excited that she could, as she put it, "make an heirloom."

If you're interested, you can sign up for it at Wild Olive (http://wildolive.blogspot.com/p/50-states-stitching-club.html). Mollie, who is hosting the club, is super sweet and helpful if you run into trouble or have questions.

Just tossing this idea out to the HS community in case anyone else would like to do a crafty & educational project with their kids this year. :D